Monday 25 July 2022

So Long Drumhellar, Until Next Time! (July 3, 2022)

Last night was our final night in our airbnb so we spent the morning packing and cleaning up.

We were due to be out by 11 but I think we did so well that we were out by 10:30. 

We promised the kids that they could go up into the giant dinosaurs mouth today so that's the first place we went this morning.

I paid to go up (it was only $5.00) but then halfway up, I decided to run back down and try to take a picture of the rest of our crew while they were in the dinosaurs mouth.

This is them - I tried to zoom in but you can't really tell that it's them.

I think that's Freya.

Hunter waving to me from the giant dinosaur.

These are the pictures Crystal took from up in the mouth of the dinosaur.
Kind of wish I'd gone up now.

Ha ha - check out Freya doing her Spiderman pose, love it!

They had her up on the red rails that you can see in the picture and Hunter was NOT impressed.
He told me when they got down that Freya almost fell out and he was so worried.
I guess he was telling people on the way down too.
He is just such a caring little soul.

He wanted to show me something in the park so on the way by, I got him to stop by this little dinosaur so I could take a picture of him and Zepplyn.

Got a picture of them with this dinosaur too.
This one looks like its ready for a day in the sun - I like that.

Next we went for some brunch.

We tried the Restaurant at Badlands Hotel - we tried to come here on Canada Day but it was closed.

There was a bit of a wait so we found some benches to sit on outside while we waited to be seated.

They had some gorgeous flowers around the hotel.
I just love petunias and this color is so pretty.

Finally we got seated.

Crystal and Randie.

We were such a big group that we had to be split up so Kody, Haylee and Alivia had to sit at a separate table.

There was a train rail that went all around the roof of the restaurant.

It's constantly going the whole time - kind of neat.

I had pancakes with berries and whipped cream.
They were fantastic.

After we ate, Kody went across the street and was climbing up the hill on a quest to see a rattlesnake in real life (the figure in the center of this picture is him).

Waiting for Kody while he was searching for rattlesnakes.

He climbed quite high on the hill while we were all waiting for him.
Fortunately he did NOT encounter a rattlesnake, why he would want to is completely beyond me.

Next we stopped at this little white church just randomly on the side of the highway.

This is the back of it.

It had a steeple with a bell.
It even had stained glass windows.

Alivia giving a sermon?

It had little mini pews.

Freya loves to climb.

This is what the area around Drumhellar looks like.

Kody was on the hunt for a rattlesnake again and the kids, Crystal and I did a little hike of our own up the hill right behind the church.

That was our last stop before we all hit the road.
Freya wanted to come with me at first but then she changed her mind last minute and went with her Mom and Dad.

So in my vehicle it was just Alivia, Hunter and myself.
We made one stop just outside of Edmonton to use the washroom and grab something to eat.

I was supposed to run 27k today but when I got home, it was too late to do that.

Instead I ran 8k on the treadmill which is what was on the schedule for tomorrow and tomorrow I'll run the 27k that I was supposed to run today.

Video check in for today.

So true!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment