Thursday 28 July 2022

Back Home and All About Freya Day (July 12, 2022)

 I decided last minute to take a vacation day today.

I texted my boss to make sure it was ok.

I could have rushed home to work but I wanted to spend the day just hanging out with Jason and Freya.

The first thing we did this morning was head to the pool.

We had the pool all to ourselves.
We swam for about an hour then we got ready, packed up and checked out.

We wanted to do something fun with her so we took her to West Edmonton Mall.
First stop was Homesense/Winners where i ended up buying her two more princess dresses (dresses with tulle on the bottom), a pair of sneakers and a toy.

Then she wanted to go out and ride on the furry animals.

One of us had to ride with her and she chose Jason.

He let her do all the driving and steering though and she loved it.

She wouldn't even look at me for a picture.

She was on a mission.

Checking for traffic.

Driving the fur babies at West Ed.

After that, we took her to GalaxyLand.
She wanted to ride the carousel first.

It was really hard to get a picture of them as they were going by.

I kept missing or it would be super blurry so these are the best I got.

Riding the carousel at Galaxy Land.

Next up was the little train.

Then they went through the Haunted House.

She really enjoyed that.

Come On Papa, lets go to the next thing.

Which was the mini roller coaster.

She sat right up in front and she loved it.

Baby roller coaer at West Ed - I thought she might be scared - she wasn't!

She noticed cotton candy animals and wanted one.

It was all about Freya day so of course she got one.

Watching the lady make it was part of the fun.

There were three animals to chose from and she picked the teddy bear.

Another ride.

The hot air balloons.

The the Play-doh ride which is exactly like the tea cup ride.

It was super hard to get their picture again, every time they went by me, their backs would be to me.

I tried though.

She was turning it at first but that wasn't fast enough for her so she had Jason do it.
She really is a little thrill seeker.

Play dough ride with Papa.

Finally we took her to the giant play park.
Jason went in there with her and they played around for awhile.
There is lots in there to keep a kid entertained.

Afterwards, we went for something to eat at the foodcourt.

I've been craving these french fries from Potato Corner.
I wanted Cheddar and Sour Cream but they were out of both of those flavors so I had bbq and truffle.
They were good.

We walked down the mall and they have these new paddle boats in the shape of swans that you can ride by the pirate ship so we test those out.

Smiley girl.

You can't go very far in them, you can't even go around the pirate ship, just kind of up near it so it was kind of lame honestly but Freya liked it and that's the main thing.

This is as close as you could get.

This is what the paddle boats looked like.

There are pink, black and white ones.

When we were getting in, the girl told Freya she could pick which color she wanted and figured she'd want pink but no, our little Miss picked the black one.

I love the flower art work they have on display in the mall.
This peacock was really pretty.

When the ride was over and I was getting out, the floor of the boat when you stepped on it went lower than the rest of the boat and my foot got stuck in between and it really hurt.

And we had rented a cart to push Freya in and someone helped themselves to it while we were on the paddleboats which really annoyed me but we were leaving anyway.

We had a fun time with Freya today - we like taking her out and making her feel special.

We made one more pit stop at Walmart to pick up a few things before heading back to the Hills.

We dropped Freya at home then went home and unpacked everything.
It was a good day but I was tired and so I hit the hay early.

Today was my rest day so no run for me!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment