Monday 18 July 2022

Little River Reservoir, More Pool Time, Saint John Ale House and Back to NS (June 12, 2022)

We all had a bit of a sleep in in our super long hotel room. 

I swear, this was the longest hotel room I've ever seen.

The boys were busy playing their games while we packed up for check out.

I had to run 10k today and there was a little trail around a reservoir right by Betty & Dawn's place so Jason and I decided to just go there today and do a couple of laps.

What a gorgeous place it turned out to be.

The trail was very well kept.
There was a beachy part where people were swimming and a dog park and a play ground.
It's just steps from Betty's place - how awesome!

The trail was fairly flat, a few hills but nothing terrible.
It was a good run.

Ended up doing 10.46k by the time it was all done.
I think I did 4 laps of the trail.

Exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.
I was happy with that.

Video check in for today.
Notice my photo bomber?

Dawn and Quinn were in the pool when we got back.

Ha ha - great face Quinn.

Quinn was making it look so inviting that we all had to join in.

We even convinced the boys to get in.

Great smile Declan.

Ethan on his dinosaur floatie.

Jen came in too.
I'm so glad we decided to go for a swim, it was very refreshing.

Then it was picture time.
Dawn and I.

Jason, Quinn and I.
She was such a nice, mannerly little girl, so sweet.

Ethan, Declan, Jason and I.

Jason and I.

Before we hit the road, we went out for lunch with Dawn and Quinn and Jen and the boys.
Dawn suggested this place, Saint John Ale House.

The whole crew.

Selfie.

There was a function going on upstairs so we waited a loooooong time for our food.

I had a virgin Caesar - my go to drink.

There was a pickled fiddlehead on it as a garnish which I'd never seen before.

The kids were coloring to keep busy while we were waiting.

Looking to Jason for his opinion.

She was so well behaved and we waited at least on hour so I was very impressed.

Ethan - he's getting so grown up.

Declan and Jen.

Dawn & I.

Jason.

Showing off their masterpiece's.

Our food finally came.
We had pork bites.

Quinn checking out Jason's burger.

I had the beet salad - It was good - I couldn't finish it all though.

After we ate, we went back to drop Dawn and Quinn off and say our good byes to everyone.

Of course we had to take some group pictures.

Joey and I added to the bunch.

Joey took one with Betty in it but her phone strap got in the way.

Then it was time to say good bye and head back to NS.
I really enjoyed our visit and hope I can get back again soon.

On the way home, we stopped for gas and saw an interesting place so we stopped to check it out.

They had this cool pink tractor out front.

The sign on the bathroom door was cute.

They had an ice cream stand there and they even made their own ice cream so you know we had to have one before getting back on the road.

Back to good old NS.

When we got back to Jen's, we just hung out for the evening and watched tv.
I think we were all tired.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment