Tuesday 19 July 2022

Celebrating Canada Day in Drumhellar, AB (July 1, 2022)

Freya slept in with me last night and the poor little dear had a rough night of coughing. 

It was nice to see her actually getting some good sleep in this morning without coughing, she needed it.

She insisted on wearing her bathing suit to bed.

Awww, she's so sweet.

The town of Drumhellar was putting on a Canada Day parade today and it was starting at 10 am so we headed over there around 9:30 to find a parking spot and a place to sit and watch the parade.

There are random dinosaurs all over the town which is kind of neat - great photo op.

Do they look excited to be seeing a parade?

We found a spot to watch the parade from.

Sitting on the curb is better than sitting on the ground.

Crystal had picked up flags and Canada Day tattoos for the kids so they were all decked out.

Just waiting for the parade to start.

Miss Freya even had her Canada Day dress on.

Selfie with my boy and his family.

Looking pretty relaxed.

Cool dude just hanging with Grandma Crystal.

Grandma Selfie - Alivia photo bombed us.

The parade is about to get started.

The Drumhellar fire and rescue services were first up.

It's a big department - they had lots of vehicles and staff.

My boy!

Of course the dinosaur theme is carried into the parade.
I love how they just run with it here.

Not sure what this float was meant to be?

They were giving out lots of candy.

Kudos to all the 'walkers' in the parade.
This group was actually doing a choreographed dance routine and they were doing a great job.

Love a punch buggy!

There were even horses pulling a carriage.

Pretty horses.

Dinosaur balloon.

Town of Stettler had a float in the parade.

Cool old truck.

Love the Canada theme - it was Canada Day after all I guess.

Tractors always make me think of my friend Paula, she just loves tractors.

Walking around in that dinosaur costume must have been hot!

This little dinosaur costume was so cute.
A lot less hot too I bet!

Live entertainment on one of the floats.

I think we all enjoyed the parade.
They were giving out lots of candy.
I had brought a bag with me to carry sunscreen and snacks and I had it sitting on the ground in front of us and the parade folks were just coming up and putting the candy right in the bag!

We decided to go for some lunch.
We picked Bernie and The Boys but when we got there, there was a sign on the door saying they weren't going to be opening until noon.

We tried a couple other places but they were all closed for Canada Day.

So we ended up back at Bernie and the Boys - it was only another 15 minutes at that point until they were going to be opening so we figured we'd just wait it out.

Cool dinosaur sculpture they have outside there door.

They had so many flavors of milkshakes it was hard to decide - I ended up going with passionfruit.

Trying to take a selfie with Freya.

She was not looking on purpose.
At least Hunter was being a good sport about it!

Canada Day activity plans as per the kiddos.

There were so many of us we had to sit at separate tables - I was at the kiddie table.

It was just a small little restaurant but it was packed - the line up was out the door.

The kids fries - they give them different kinds - Hunter liked that.

I think they messed up on my order because they gave me a chicken Caesar wrap - I ordered the roast beef but whatever.
I ate half of it - I like Caesar salad but not on a wrap.

I got a baby burger too just to try and that was really good.

This is the house we were staying out.

The view from the house.

It was a beautiful day out there so we took the kids to the splash park by the giant dinosaur.

There was a farmers market going on and all kinds of other activities for Canada Day.

There was a fountain next to the splash park and that is where we ended up spending most of our time.

It was really nice, it had a very shallow pool like area around it that you could walk in or sit in, play in, whatever.
I sat in it to cool off - it felt nice.

I did take the kids to the actual splash park for a bit so they could check that out.

Hunter really liked these water gun things.

Alivia took Zepplyn through the sprinkler.

But then we made our way back to the fountain and shallow pool.

Hunter was right in there with all the other kids having a great time.

Freya trying to put a flag in Crystal's hair.

Getting some cuddle time with Grandma.

Kody and Haylee.

Alivia.

Moi.
I was loving it - it was a great way to spend a hot, sunny afternoon.

A better picture of what the fountain and shallow pool looked like.

We all had some lemonade for a treat.

We pretty much spent the entire afternoon there.

Then we headed back to the house to hang out.
I had to get my run in so I left the kids and headed out.
I said they could all go out for dinner when I got back and I'd watch all the kids in return.

It started raining of course when I headed out but I needed to get it done so I just went.
It was hot out so the drizzly rain actually felt really good.

I just jogged around the streets by our rental until I got the 10k done that I needed to.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

Average pace and splits.

My video check in for today.

When I got back to the house, Kody, Haylee and Crystal headed out for Indian food.
The place was closing so they ended up getting take out and bringing it back to the house.
I'm not the biggest fan of Indian food but I did have some naan bread - that I do like.

We just all sat around and visited.
Crystal posted some pictures that she'd taken today so I thought I would share those too.

Grandma Crystal and Freya - two cool chicks at the parade.

Waiting for parade to start.

Zepplyn and Hunter putting on Canada Day tattoos.

Message on the table at Bernie's restaurant.

It was a great day and looking forward to more adventures with the kiddos and everyone else tomorrow.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment