Saturday 16 July 2022

Digby, Shoreline Restaurant and Lupins Galore (June 9, 2022)

 We slept in pretty late this morning, until after 10 anyway.

When we did get up, we did a lot of dilly dallying.

It was pretty foggy out there so the view was kind of limited.
It was like someone plopped a giant fog ball down over everything.

Didn't stop us from sitting on the deck to enjoy our coffee though.

It started clearing up while we were sitting there.

Just water for miles.
I find the water so soothing.

I tried to take a panoramic picture - it turned out kind of weird but here it is.

We got ready for our runts then went for a drive to kind of map out a 10k route.
I am so over hills right now.
I really wanted to find somewhere flat but it's pretty hilly around here so that wasn't going to happen.

The hotel clerk told me that there was a nice road that veered off the end of the main road that we were on so we drove down there to see how far it was.
It was only 1.5k to the end of the road which ended right at the ferry terminal.

We took the road the clerk suggested. 
It was very pretty but very hilly.
You could do a big loop though right around and back to the hotel.
We didn't measure the distance but Jason decided to run the loop and I decided to just 5k then turn around and going back 

Finally, we were off.
This is looking up at the place we stayed at.

Then this is the road we ran down to the ferry.

I decided to go up the road the clerk had suggested even though it was hilly and it actually didn't feel that bad today.

It was a dirt road and I ran to where it met the pavement but that was only 4k so I just kept going and once I got a few more hills under my belt, I decided to just try to do the loop as well.

There were lots of hills but I just took my time and I got them done.
My run felt really great today aside from the fact that around 5k, I suddenly had to go to the bathroom.

The sun came out and it was gorgeous.
Everything was so green and lush and fresh.

The scenery here is amazing.
Lots of beautiful homes.

The flowers were all in bloom.
The smells were wonderful too - woodland smells and freshly mowed grass.

It started drizzling a bit for the last couple of kilometers, just very lightly and it actually felt really good.

I made it to the k mark and I wasn't quite back at the hotel but I had to go to the washroom so badly that I had to stop and walk at that point.

I made it back to the road we were on at least.
I did end up texting Jason thought who was way ahead of me and asked if he could grab the car and come back and pick me up when he finished.

I was right by this amazing archway covered in what I think is Wisteria when he met me with the car which was fortuitous because I had wanted to stop and take a picture of it.

Sweaty selfie - also I was so happy to see Jason, I don't think I would have made it to the washroom in time if he hadn't come back for me.

I didn't quite finish the loop but I finished the 10k I needed to so I was good with that.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.
I was pleased with that considering all the hills I ended up running.

My video check in for today.
Notice I made sure to get that gorgeous archway in the frame while I recorded it.

After we got back to the room, we had showers then looked for a place to go have a bite to eat.

We found the downtown area - so cute.

It's right on the water.

There was just a nice green space.

I like the flag/signs they had up all along the center of the main road.

This one had lupins and I love, love, love he color of the lamp post.

And of course a light house.

The water was so nice and calm, I love the reflection of the boats on the water.

Amazing.

Cool artwork on the side of this building.

We picked a restaurant called Shoreline to eat at.

It was drizzly out but nice so we opted to eat on the patio.

We had a view of the dock from there.

I mean why would you sit inside when you could sit outdoors and enjoy this view.

We shared a bowl of their seafood chowder,

the seafood platter which had clams, shrimp, scallops and haddock and 

We tried their bacon wrapped scallops.

We shared a slice of their coconut cream pie for dessert and it was delicious!

The bathroom had this little mini lobster trap on the wall and I want one.

Also had this cute picture.

This was the inside of the restaurant - I like how they painted the ends of the booths to look like lighthouses.

This was looking out to the back deck area where we sat.

We made a stop at a second hand store - I was looking for dresses for Freya, she's really into them lately.
I found a couple for her.

I love a yellow house and this was near the downtown area.
So pretty.

Lots of flowers in bloom everywhere.

After the second hand store, we headed out to our property.

It's about a 45 minute drive, we have to take exit 22 then head toward Kejimkujik National Park.so a very beautiful area.
Wouldn't you know it, the skies opened up and it just poured so when we got there, Jason couldn't really walk around and check it out like he wanted to.

We did notice that they've put power in just about to where our property is which is amazing.
We had a quick look around but it was raining and wet so we headed back to Digby.

Ok - so here are a bunch of pictures of lupins that we saw along the highway.

So many of them and they are so pretty.

I love all the colors - all shades of pinks and purples.

Whites too.

They were just everywhere.

Jason frolicking among the lupins.

Just being silly.

There was some construction going on so we got stopped for a few minutes.

Gave me a chance to take a picture with the lupins.

Lupins along the highway near Digby, NS.

When we got back to Digby, we stopped at Walmart for a few things then we went downtown to get ice creams.

It was still raining.
It would pour then it would slow down to a drizzle then it would start pouring again.

This is the restaurant we ate at earlier.
It had a gift store at the front.

Shoreline restaurant.

The downtown area is really quaint and charming.

We saw a pizza place so we ordered a small cheese pizza and a small garlic fingers.

We took them back to our cozy little room and ate them out on the deck and enjoyed the view.
The fog had rolled back in so we couldn't really see much but it was still nice.

This is a picture of my brother Rob and I - taken in 75 so I was 3 and he was 1.
He was such a little cutie.

So one more night here in Digby then we are off to NB tomorrow to visit some relatives.
Haven't seen them in years so I can't wait.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment