Friday 15 July 2022

A Tough 10k Run (June 4, 2022)

Freya woke up at 5 am this morning and she wanted to get up.
I on the other hand, was exhausted and wanted to sleep in.
So I gave her my phone to watch and convinced her to stay in bed until 7 so I had a bit of a sleep in.

 
Good Morning.

I got her a bubba and we cuddled on the couch.

I watched an episode of Bridgerton.

Then within about a half hour of getting up, she crashed.
Ha ha and she had been so eager to get up.

I would have napped with her if I could have but by then I was wide awake.

She napped for a couple of hours.

When she woke up we called Papa and tried out some new filters.

He was doing some smoking at work for their lunch tomorrow.
He got turkey legs and a whole boloney.

I convinced Freya to have a bath and let me wash her hair.
She's getting much better at letting me brush it and I tried my hand at a French braid.
I'm not the best at it but I'm going to keep practicing.

She is such a little sweetheart.

Kody came and picked her up around 1 so they could head to Whitecourt and watch Haylee play baseball.
She was in a ball tournament over there.

It was super windy out this morning and kind of rainy but it kind of settled down a bit right after Kody left so I should have gone out for my run right then but I didn't.

I peeled and cut vegetables for tomorrows supper, I did laundry and I wrapped all of Kody's gifts.
Mom started a tradition when I turned 30 where she bought me 30 gifts for my 30th birthday so I did the same for Kody since he's turning 30 this year.

Basically I procrastinated all day then the later it got, the less I wanted to go out for a run.

I finally made myself get out the door at 5 pm.

It was tough right from the get go.
I just wanted to quit but I wouldn't let myself but it just felt oh so hard today for some reason.

I managed to get it done and I was super proud of myself because it was a rough one today.

I got my 10k done, I did a lot of zigzagging back and forth down in the industrial section trying to avoid one of the really tough hills on my route because I didn't think I'd be able to do it today.

My exercise stats and average heart rate.
You can see that it's up a little even though my pace was actually a bit slower than my other runs this week.

My average pace and splits.
I knew I was going slow but I also knew that was the only way I was going to get it done.
So not the most enjoyable run today but it's done!

My after workout check in video for today.

When I was finished I was just parched.
I should start bringing money with me just in case because I would have loved to have been able to stop by the store and get myself a water.

I made it home and I was just exhausted.

I had a few things I had wanted to do, like clean up my backyard a bit but I couldn't do anything at all.
I was a hurting unit.

My whole body was aching and I was just so tired.

I sat on the couch and that is where I stayed until bed time - I even considered sleeping on the couch because I didn't feel like walking down to my bedroom.

 I have no idea how I'm going to run 15k tomorrow.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment