Monday 18 July 2022

Run to Get Rid of the Cranky (June 23, 2022)

 So kind of a quiet day for me today.

Jason was planning on doing a 30k run today but then he ended up having Freya for the day as both Kody and Haylee got called to work.

I felt bad so I offered to go and work from home for the afternoon so he could go which meant I also decided to skip doing my run at lunchtime, I figured I'd let him go first and do mine afterwards.

Freya sat with me while I worked for the afternoon then Kody came and picked her up around 3:30 or so.

I continued working until around 4:45 and I should have went for my run immediately but instead I procrastinated which is never a good thing.

The weather was gloomy and I was just feeling grumpy and cranky and the last thing I wanted to do was go out for a run.

I just can't seem to get back on track with WW and my weight is slowly creeping back up, I've been 199 the last three days which is waaaaay closer to 200 than I ever wanted to be again so that had me a bit down with myself.

Then the weather doesn't help - we've had some sunshine here and there but we haven't really had any hot weather yet this year - it gets depressing after a while.

Anyway, I finally got out the door close to 6, figured it was best just to get out and get it over and done with.

I have to say, that rest day yesterday did me good.
I felt refreshed and rejuvenated right from the get go - once I finally got out there it was actually a really good run.

I had to run 10k and I did that, didn't avoid any hills.
I felt really great when I finished.
It was kind of drizzling rain the whole time then it started raining even harder for about the last 2km but that didn't dampen my spirits.

My exercise details and average heart rate.
Funny my heart rate was up but it felt much easier than any of the runs I did last week.

My average pace and splits.
It's been awhile since I've seen that low of a number so that felt good.

My check in video for today.

Jason was running his last 10 k (he did a total of 30 today) while I was out running and we finished up close to the same time then we went to the store and grabbed some frozen pizza's for supper.
There is a new kind with a croissant crust that I wanted to try - Jason was skeptical but it ended up being really good, better than I was expecting in fact.

Kody & Haylee both have to work again tomorrow so Kody brought Freya by thinking she could spend the night and they wouldn't have to wake her up so early but once they got to our place, Freya decided she didn't want to stay again (kind of like she did last week).

Kody said last time she did that, as soon as she got home she changed her mind and wanted to come back, ha ha.
Anyway - she was sure that she wanted to go home so she didn't end up staying.
Jason will just go pick her up in the morning when Haylee has to head out for work.

We finished watching the last 3 episodes of Obi-Wan Kanobi before heading to bed.
It was really good - we loved it.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment