Thursday 28 July 2022

Today's Run Was Tough (July 17, 2022)

I thought about heading out of town today to find a place to go run the 27k that I had to do but in the end, decided to do it here.


I figured I could kind of split it into 3 portions of 9k each.

I planned to do the first 9k at the top of town, the second at the middle section of town and then the last 9k at the bottom of town.

I was nervous about having to go to the bathroom so I figured if I split it that way, I'd never be too far from a washroom.

I had wanted to get up early and get out there but I was really tired and I sleeping in and getting extra rest was important so I ended up not getting out of bed until 9:30.

I had a coffee, an energy drink and a banana.
I let it settle and set out around 11:15.

I figured it was going to take me about 4 hours to get it done, my plan of action was just to take it slow and steady.

The first 9k were pretty good, I stopped in at the house, used the washroom, had some water and grabbed some energy gummies and gummy bears to munch on if needed and headed back out.

I got about 5k done in the middle section of town and it was feeling pretty tough.
I had to go to the washroom again so I headed back to the house a bit earlier than I wanted but sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go!

I had eaten the gummies in that 5k, then at home I had lots of water and I also sat down and had a bit of a rest.

That probably wasn't a great idea.

I also changed my shoes because my alphaflys were starting to feel pinchy on my toes and I was starting to get blisters on my insteps.

After a few minutes, I headed out again and from there on, it was just tough.

I ate gummies, went as slow as I could, walked for a few minutes here and there but by the 18k mark, I was really struggling.

My feet were sore, my boobs were chafing underneath, I was exhausted, I was hot.
I was just in a bad place both mentally and physically.

I had to stop and walk then I'd try to run again but I couldn't sustain it.
I tried a couple times but by 18.47k I was just done.

I was pretty far away from home so it was quite a walk to get back there.
The bugs were insane and I was feeling miserable.

I was so disappointed in myself that I couldn't do it.
I feel like if I can't run 27k, how in the heck am I going to be able to run 42k?

So I did 18 out of 27k. 
Means I was 9k short of what was scheduled.

Exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.
You can see things started out pretty good but then by the end there it was tough.

My first video check in for today.

When I did get home, I had a nice long, hot bath.
It felt good.
Then I went to the store and picked up a few things.

While I was in the bath I was thinking that I hadn't eaten much this morning before heading out so that was likely another contributing factor to my not being able to finish.

I've been following WW really well this week and not eating any extra but I'm running a lot so I really probably should be eating a bit extra.

I also decided that I would hop on the treadmill after to get the other 9k in for today.
It isn't the same as doing it all at once but at least I will have done it and I'll meet the km total for the week.

I had a half of a ham & cheese sandwich and some macaroni salad and just chilled for the afternoon.

Around 6 pm, I went downstairs and hopped on the treadmill.

It took me a lot longer than I thought it would to get the 9k done (5.6 miles) but I did it.
I can't say I felt good when it was done because to be honest, I felt exhausted and sore but I'm glad I did it.

My second check in video for today.

Kody called while I was on the treadmill to see if Freya could come over, she'd been wanting to all day so of course I said to bring her by.
I was still on the treadmill, so she hopped on with me a bit then I got her all situated in mom's chair with a movie and spicy cheesies and she stayed there until Jason came home.

It was late by that point but she really wanted to go to the park so Jason took her.
I couldn't move off the couch so I skipped it.
I took some Tylenol, drank some water and just tried to rest.
I was in actual pain though.

I have one more 27k run on my training schedule and I'm really going to plan for it this time.
I'm going to carb load for a few days beforehand and I'm going to find a place to do it that is fairly flat and has really long trail or at least a 13k stretch where I can do and out and back.

Going to set myself up for success!

Jason posted some pictures of their sunset playdate at the park.
She just loves this little dress - wants to wear it night and day.

Tire swing.

Slide.

When they came home, I was ready for bed.
She wanted to stay so we let her.
I planned on just dropping her off to Kody in the morning before I went to work.

I didn't fall asleep as quickly as I would have liked but it didn't take as long as it normally does.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment