Saturday 2 February 2019

Things Don't Always Go As Planned (Jan.16, 2019)

Weighed in this morning and I was exactly the same as yesterday.

266.0

I brought a salad with me so I could stay and work through lunch and work on my SAIT course.

Pretty much first thing in the morning, some vehicle reports came out and there were a bunch of mine on the list which was very puzzling.
Turns out another admin in another area had a bunch of vehicles removed from a program that we use.
It was so frustrating, figuring out what happened then getting them all recreated again ate up a huge chunk of my day.
What a waste of my time!

I had so much other stuff all due right now so it was the worst timing ever but what can you do?
It's all fixed now and that's that!

There were meetings going on this morning so only SV and I were around for break time.
We weren't going to bother but then SG got back from a Dr. appointment right at that time so we went after all, just the three of us.

I made up my salad kit for lunch and it was really good.
It was a new kind for me - I'd buy it again for sure.
It even came with a plant based ground beef.

I didn't get a chance to work on my SAIT course today because of the vehicle issue that came up.
I was so busy today though that I barely left my desk.

My fitbit needed charged last night and I forgot to put it on today - I feel so lost without it.
If you take steps when you aren't wearing your fitbit, do they really even count?

My brother texted late in the day to see if I could watch the kiddos so he & my SIL could go for a date night.
I was just thinking that it's been awhile since I'd seen them and I was missing them so of course I said sure.

I worked a bit late and he dropped them off right after I got home.
I knew I wouldn't get a workout in with them there but I at least wanted to get the tissue paper and Christmas gift bags moved into the containers I bought for them so I did do that.

After that I made some supper for us all.
Pancakes was the only thing I could come up with so Kodiak cakes it was.

Mr H ate three of them which was quite impressive.
The third one was in the shape of Mickey Mouse so I think that helped make him want to eat it.

Mr H got a pretty good boo boo on his eye lid that he had to show me.


He did quite the job on it!

He somehow knew that My Honey got a new drone and asked me where it was.
I was busy and just told him that I didn't know and not too much later, he came out, put the drone on the counter and announced that he'd found it.
Little bugger!!!

It didn't have the battery in it thank goodness or we'd have been ducking that thing all night long.
Paddington really doesn't like it, he's makes him nervous and on edge so I think we are going to have to not fly it around him anymore anyway.


He was sitting on the couch in such a funny way.
He's such a joy to have around - I don't want to traumatize him.

After supper, they settled on the couch with mom's ipad.
They really do love one another, it's so cute.

At one point Mr. H looked over at me and said:
"Sometimes I get tired you know"
To which I responded "well you can lay down and have a nap if you want"
Then I discovered his true intent because his answer to that was "I think I should have a sleep over at your house".
Ha ha. 

I told him he could have a sleep over my next free weekend.
They both were asking after My Honey but of course he was late tonight.

When he finally did get home, Mr H was so excited he could barely contain himself.

Unfortunately my brother showed up not 10 minutes later so he didn't get much time to spend with My Honey.

Next time My Honey goes on days off we will definitely have to plan to do something with the kids.

In other news, my mom was talking with my sister today and she had some news.
She applied to be a surrogate and she found out that a couple is interested so she is going out to BC in February to have some testing done.
If all goes well, she will start the surrogacy in April.

I think it's a pretty awesome thing for her to do.  I'd love if she could stop in and visit us on her way there or back since she'll be going right by but we'll see if that can happen.

That's about it for today.


Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment