Monday 11 February 2019

Getting Crafty with the Girls (Feb.10, 2019)

It was nice to wake up in my own bed this morning with My Honey beside me.
We had a nice long morning chat and cuddles with Paddington before we finally decided to get up.
I got busy starting laundry while My Honey got busy making breakfast.
 
Ha made bacon, toast and eggs for us and it was delicious.
 
I met the girls over at NCT's rental property so we could make signs to sell at an upcoming craft market.
She is part of a Community In Bloom group and they are trying to raise money for some projects they are planning to beautify our town.
 
We scrounged up lots of old wood and trim.
 
NCT had some old frames that we used for the project.
We laid out the trim for each frame and cut it.

I sanded some of them up to get rid of splinters and make them look kind of rustic and aged.

SV worked on getting the staples out of the back of the frame.

I sanded the frame a bit too.
 
Break time!

NCT found these wooden words at the dollar store.
We painted them, I added a bit of a highlight to them too after the blue dried.

We really wanted to get one of them put together before we called it a day so BH found screws and I held things down while KT screwed them in.

The trims were all different thicknesses and we were finding all kind of different kinds of screws so KT had to keep changing the drill bit but we got er done!

We got one completely finished.

I think we did a great job.
 


I think it turned out great.
 
We have 3 more that are ready to go, they just need to be put together.
We decided we want to glue the rest though instead of screwing them together.
We are planning on getting together on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings this week to see how many more we can get done.
 
My son had called me and I invited him over for supper.
It was after 5:30 when I got home so My Honey and I went to the store and picked up frozen pizzas and desserts for supper.
If we tried to cook something by that point we would have been eating super late.

They pulled in at the same time we did.
Baby F was pretty happy to talk to me as long as she was sitting with her daddy.

She still gave me that serious look though which so cracks me up.

She is sitting up all by herself now.

Proud of it too!

She is really intrigued by the phone when I bring it out so I have to catch the smiles quickly.

She was pretty happy the whole time tonight.
 
She's making some new fun noises, sounds like screeching a bit but they are happy sounds, so cute!
 
My son wants to go visit his dad and I don't blame him so we looked up some flights to see how much it would be to fly back to NS for he and his family.
We found some good options so he's going to talk to his boss who is also his uncle, about taking some time off and make arrangements with family back in NS then we'll book when he has it all figured out.
It will be nice for him to get to introduce Miss H and Baby F to his dad's family.

My Honey doctored up the pizza a bit and it was really good.
The kids weren't that hungry though so there are lots of leftovers.
My Honey is going to freeze them to take to work for lunches.
 
They didn't stay too late, Baby F was starting to fuss so they wanted to get here home to bed.
 
I watched this weeks Grey's Anatomy episode then called it a night.
 
I ate lots of junk over the weekend so I know I'm going to be up tomorrow.
Of course I feel guilty about it but I can't change it now.
I can only do better tomorrow.
I will.
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment