Saturday 2 February 2019

Memes Galore (Jan.7, 2019)

It was a super cold one out there today - the kind of day where you just want to stay in jammies on the couch and watch Netflix all day.
Unfortunately, I couldn't do that and had to head to work.
My Honey is so wonderful and starts the truck nice and early for me so at least it was nice and warm to get into.

I weighed in first thing when I got to the office.
Honestly I was hoping for a bit more movement on the scales than this but at least it moved a bit and in the proper direction.

I've decided that 2019 is the year for Project New Me and I am not going to give up.
I am determined to be determined!!!

It was pretty much a full house at break this morning.
The only one still missing is SV and she still has another week of vacation so we won't see her back until next Monday.

NC/T called and wants to get away this weekend so I discussed with BH and I think we are all going to head to the city for a movie on Saturday.

I stopped at the store on my way home for lunch and they got some stock in, yay!
I picked up chicken breast and a couple salad kits.

That's what I had for lunch.

I added a couple pieces of left over chicken from last night in my salad.
It was pretty tasty and filling.
I watched another episode of Tidying Up when I was eating.
That Marie Kondo really gets me in the mood to purge and organize!

Work went by quickly this afternoon.
I had a bit of a to do list and so I got right after it as soon as I got home.
I got the chicken breast on cooking then went down and got on the treadmill.

I stuck pretty close to the 20 minutes today just because I still had a few things to get done and I had to leave for curling soon.

I still managed to get a bit of a sweat on in that short time.

I worked on getting the Christmas stuff packed away.

It was all just sitting in my workout room and it was feeling really tight in there.

I store it in my laundry room under the stairs.

It all packs in there pretty good.

I got most of it put away.  

I've been switching over to the clear containers over the past few years because I like that I can see what is in it without having to pull everything out and open it up.

All that's left now is for me to get the tree undecorated and packed away.

I also need to get two new storage containers for tissue paper and gift bags so those things are still out but I get those this weekend.

I cooked up some instant mashed potatoes and a can of peas to go along with the chicken breast for supper and I had to leave for curling pretty much as soon as I finished eating.

We played a horrible game.

The other team got 1 in the first end.
Then in the second end, we were counting one and then when we threw our last rock, we bumped ourselves out and gave them another point.

In the third end, we had last shot and there wasn't a rock in play at all but we still couldn't get our rock in the house so we had a 0 end.
We did get 1 in the 4th but then the 5th went to them.

We tied things up when we got 3 points in the 6th end but then they got a point in the 7th and we were close to getting 1 in the 8th to tie it up but no go.

Oh well, you win some you lose some.

When I got in the truck to go home it was oh so cold.
Brrrr!
This cold weather is definitely not for me.

A local photographer took this picture.
He does it more as a hobby than professionally but he does really great work.
I must confess that as much as I dislike winter, this does look really beautiful.

My Honey still wasn't home from work when I got home from curling but he pulled in as I was plugging in the truck.
When it's cold like this they always have trouble out in the field.

He'd ordered take out for supper, got mom and I each a greek salad.
I already ate earlier so I decided to save mine for lunch tomorrow.


I have a SAIT online course that I'm working on and I think I'll stay and work on it over lunch tomorrow.
The deadline to have it completed is Feb.15 and I only have 2 more modules to go so I really just want to get it out of the way.

We watched an episodes of a new series that just started called "Baked".
The host goes to bakeries around the US and he just happened to be in NYC for this one.
He went to a place called The Doughnut Project and normally I'm not crazy for doughnuts but he tried the "everything doughnut" which is a play on an everything bagel and it looked really good so we'll have to seek it out when we go to NYC this year so we can try it.

I made my self a chamomile tea hoping it would help with my sleeping issue and we were in bed by 10:30 pm.
It sounded horribly cold and windy outside and I was just praying My Honey wouldn't get a call in the middle of the night to go out to work.

Miss H posted this picture of my darling Baby F today.
Seem to be catching more and more smiles from her.

This memory popped up too.
This is from a few years back when I was doing really great at working out and had lost some weight.
My sister and the boys sent me this lovely guy for Christmas - I named him Jack Frost as per the boys request. 

I found this picture today of this awesome table.
I just love how they've laid the planks - you could make the table as long as you wanted to doing it this way.
So clever and simple yet it never occurred to me before.

This is another great idea that I saw - some people are just so genius.

Lots of funnies to share today.

Notice the kitty>

Right? 

Yup. 

Totally.

Cutting down on snaccidents over here lately though.
All the time! 

Is this for real?
I remember watching The Jetsons and thinking how futuristic everything seemed and now so many of those things are happening in our everyday lives.

Today years old!

This is not so funny, it's becoming annoying.

Pretty much!
Excuse the language but this is just so true.
No kid or parent is perfect, for the most part, we all just do the best we can so we should all stop sitting in judgement of one another.

Stunning!

Yupper!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment