Friday 8 February 2019

New FCSS Center Unveiled (Feb.7, 2019)

My Honey got up and started the truck for me this morning.
I was happy about that because it was another ice cold day out there.
 
This is very fitting!
 
He dropped me off at work again this morning because he had to go to WCT for another appointment.
 
I weighed in as soon as I got to the office.
The pretzels did a little damage I think.
I'm going the wrong way!
 
It was a busy morning and it seemed just like that, it was time for coffee break.
My Honey texted me to let me know that he was about to make all my seasoning dreams come true.
 
He had picked me up some Old Bay Seasoning!
Ha ha - he's so silly.
 
I also said he came across this really awesome mug that someone had left outside the store from their smoke break, did I want it?
OMG - It looks so disgustingly dirty, I wouldn't even want to touch it.
 
Bonuses were out today so my boss from St Albert, BB, called this morning to let me know that I had gotten one and how much it was.
It's less than last year but I'm still so thankful that I'm even getting one at all.
 
BB said that she'll be off for about a month, she had to go for surgery.
They found cancer in her breast and she's getting it taken care of right away.
That must have been a scary find, she said it been a rough couple of weeks, her sister had it too so I'm sure it hit close to home.
She gets checked annually and it wasn't there last year so they've found it early which seems to be a good thing.
I'm praying all goes well for her.
 
I knew I would be working through lunch so I came prepared.
 
At the end of the day, NCT dropped by and we all sat around in SV's office and chatted until after 5 pm.
I've been having a heck of a time getting her Cameo Silhouette to work but I'm still going to try.
I've been thinking of buying a new machine myself though and so did some research to compare the Cameo and the Cricut.
I think I'm going to go with the Cricut.
I have an older version but I'd like to get a new one.
I figured I'd use some of my bonus and treat myself.
 
BH gave me a ride home.
 
My Honey had supper ready to go.
Steak, salad and chimichurri.
OMG IT WAS SO GOOD!!!
I just love chimichurri and this version was his best yet.
It was super garlicky though - I'll have to make sure I sit far away from everyone at the FCSS meeting tonight.
 
After supper, mom and I headed over to the FCSS meeting.
They've moved part of their programming over to a new center and they've been working on it since December.
It just opened to the public this week so we had our meeting there tonight so we could see all their hard work.
 
I like how they made the support poles into trees.
 
The 3d murals on the wall are really great.
 
I love how they made this look like a little cabin on the wall.
 
Ok I admit, I have a thing for cute washroom signs.
This one is so cute!
 
There were little animals hidden here and there.
 
What a friendly, inviting space for the kiddos.
They did a super job.
 
The meeting was a quick one but mom and I hung out and chatted for a bit afterwards.
Things haven't been going that great with the worker that comes to get mom everyday.
She just doesn't really seem to be into it anymore so we are just going to go ahead and cancel the contract.
 
 
This is how I feel on cold blustery days!
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment