Saturday 2 February 2019

Fresh Start, Let's Go! (Jan.2, 2018)

Even though I went to be super early (and fell asleep almost immediately) I was still feeling super when 6 am rolled around this morning.

It was good to get back to work after a long break and not have a pile of stuff waiting for me on my desk.
Christmas is really the only time that happens because everyone else is off too.

I weighed in first thing to see where I was.
I knew I would be up and I was, but that's ok.
This is the highest weight I will ever be, I am determined to change it starting today.

I did have some emails to catch up on and timesheets needed to be approved so there was lots to do.

I almost forgot coffee break, SG had to call and remind me.
We were a small group - lots of the office folk took the rest of the week off and won't be back until next week.

BL gave us a bit of an update on CourtneyT at break and unfortunately she is not doing well.
It's so surreal to think about for me, I can't even imagine what her family is going through.

I am praying so hard for a miracle for them.

I made a bit of a to do list for myself for tonight.
My New Years Resolutions or Goals are to lose weight and pay down my debt and I want to get started right away.

Here is what it looked like:





For lunch I made a salad and added a can of tuna.
I watched the new episode of I Am Jazz that aired last night then headed back to work.

The afternoon flew by fairly quickly which was nice.
My Honey texted to say he wanted to make some pozole so stopped at the store to pick up some hominy but they didn't have any.
Then I stopped over to visit Baby F which was one of the items on my to do list.

They were just getting home from her grandmothers.

I hung out and visited for a little bit.
She had food for the first time today, her mommy gave her a bit of oatmeal cereal but said she wasn't crazy about it.

I had to take a couple of selfies with her of course. 

She is the most beautiful baby in the world after all (IMO).

My son was a little out of sorts I could tell.
He is worried because there hasn't been a lot of work lately and I completely understand.
I wish I could make it better for him.
I let him know that if he ever needed to just vent, he could call me anytime.
Sometimes that's all a person needs to do to feel better.

When I got home, the first thing I did was get some chicken breast on to cook which knocked another item off of my list.
Then I headed down to change the kitty litter - I was expecting a disaster but my son & my mom had been cleaning it while we were gone so it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

Then I got on the treadmill.
I am making a pledge to myself to get on the treadmill for at least 20 minutes every single day.
If I do more than that, awesome, but if I only do 20 minutes, that's fine too.
There should be no reason for me to not be able to accomplish this.

I thought if I just got 20 in today for a start that would be great.
Once I got to 20 minutes, I kept pushing myself to do a little more and in the end, I ended up getting in 50 minutes.
I jogged a couple minutes here and there and 5 of those minutes I did at an incline of 10.

I felt so proud of myself when I was done.


I wore my new sneakers that I picked up a few months ago, I didn't really like them though, they felt heavy.

My Honey got home just after I finished which was perfect timing.

I put together a Sante Fe salad kit, added some black beans and edamame to it and it was a delicious supper.

After I ate I got a blog post finished and published which was another of my list items.
I didn't get everything done but I made a good effort.

I got a few things unpacked.
These were a couple of my great finds in Seattle.
This hippo that sings "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas".

And this Abominable snowman who sings a Christmas tune too.

We have some extra daily planner books at the office and I am going to get one and make myself a little to do list for each day.
I love getting things ticked off of a list and it will help keep me off the couch a bit each day.

By 9 pm I was ready for bed.
Thank goodness this is only a short week and there are only two more work days until the weekend.


Miss H posted some pictures today of their Christmas.
This is her cousins and her sister.
BabyF is going to have so many friends to play with growing up - it's nice.


They made it in to see Glow Edmonton.
Baby F looks to be interested in the lights.


Ha ha - she is just the queen of serious faces.


Won't even crack a smile.



Hanging out in a beautiful horse & carriage.
Those horses are just gorgeous.

More pictures with mommy.

Won't be long before she'll be able to get down and play with the other kiddos.

It's nice to see them getting out and doing things like this.

Aww - I like this one.

Two beautiful girls right there!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment