Saturday 2 February 2019

So Long Seattle! (Jan.1, 2019)

Well trip is over, time to go home!
Our flight was scheduled to leave out of Seattle/Tacoma airport at 9:30 and since we need to be there 2 hours in advance and it's about a half hour drive from our hotel, we had an early start to our morning.
We got to bed at 3 am then were up again at 6 am so I know I was already feeling pretty tired before the day even got started.

We called an Uber to get the airport.
It took about 5 minutes to get there, not bad.

Getting through security was fine and we were at our gate before 8 am.
There was a restaurant that served breakfast there so we decided to have a bite to eat.

I was so tired that I didn't really feel like eating but ordered some toast and bacon.
I also got a glass of orange juice and it was super cold just the way I like it.

Our flight left right on time.

So Long Seattle!

It was a smaller plane, one of the ones with only two seats on either side of the aisle so it was just the two of us in our row which I love.
We were in row 19 and there were only 20 rows but nobody was sitting in the last rows so we were the very last ones.

The flight started out fine but as the stewardess was getting near the back of the plane with the drink cart, we hit some pretty bad turbulence and it lasted for quite some time.

The stewardess had to just sit on the arm rest of the seat she was serving when it happened because it was bumping her around so much.

I was absolutely terrified.
I was hanging onto the seat in front of me so tightly and my heart was beating so hard and fast I felt like it was going to explode.
When it finally stopped, I was near tears, I really thought I was going to cry.

Thankfully it was pretty smooth for the rest of the flight but by then I was so hyped up and full of adrenalin that I would never ever have been able to get to sleep no matter how tired I thought I was.

I think I really only started to feel calmer when the pilot announced we were making our decent into Edmonton but I wasn't totally relaxed until the wheels of the plane hit the runway.

I am not sure why but the turbulence seems to bother me more and more.
Rationally I know that flying is very safe but rationale goes out the window when we start bouncing around in the sky.

We made it safe and sound to Edmonton though even a little ahead of schedule.

We stopped at Walmart to get some groceries because I knew we didn't have much of anything healthy at home.

I am going to get back to healthy eating and really make an effort this year to lose some weight.
I know I say that every year but I'm creeping up and up and up and I really need to do something about it.

We got groceries then grabbed burgers at Wendy's for the drive home.
We didn't want to stop anywhere, we just wanted to get on the road and get home.

It was just after 5 when we did get home.
The weather in Alberta was pretty nice for a winter day but the closer we got to home, the more winter like it got.

It had snowed here and it must have been windy because the snow had drifted all over the road in a few spots.
I sure wouldn't mind if we didn't have any snow at all.

After we got everything unloaded from the truck, I sat down to watch some tv.
I was looking at Facebook and looks like Miss H took Baby F into see Glow Edmonton with her family.
I'm glad she got into see it because I know she wanted to.
She posted some really cute pictures of her and Baby F.
My son didn't go in with them, I hope that means he was working.

I was falling asleep though so at 7 pm I called it a night and went to bed.

It's the start of a new year and while I don't want to make any resolutions per say, there are a few things that I really want to work on this year.
They were the same as last year but hey - if at first you don't succeed, try try again, right?

My goals for 2019:
1 - Lose weight, 100 lbs!
2 - Pay down my debt.

This is the year that I am going to get 'er done!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment