Monday 18 February 2019

Family Dinner (Feb.16, 2019)

I had an appointment in WCT at 10 am to get a pedicure in preparation for flip flops next week.
I asked mom if she wanted one too but she did not - she did want to go shopping though.
So she and I headed for WCT at 9 am.
The roads were snow covered so it was slow going but I dropped her off at Walmart and made it to my appointment right at 10 am.

They took me right away too - I didn't have to wait which was nice.

I wasn't going to go for shellac but did in the end.

I went for the pale pink again, I really like it.
 
I met mom at Walmart and picked up some stuff that I needed.
Then we got some McDonalds for lunch and headed right back home.
We were home by 1:30 - that was a quick trip!
 
The first thing I did was get some laundry going then I grabbed my current book and headed to a bubble bath.
It was nice to relax in there and I soaked in there for quite some time.
 
While I was soaking, NCT sent me a text.
They were in the city and saw the Cricut Maker at Costco.
 
It was $100 less than anywhere else I'd seen it so far so I texted her back right away to pick it up for me but they were already gone.
 
So I texted SV who was also in the city and asked her to have a look for it for me if she went to Costco.
She said she was going there tomorrow so hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be the proud new owner of a Cricut.
 
I decided that I wanted to have everyone over for supper so I texted them all and invited them.
Then my brother and son had a job come up so we cancelled until tomorrow but they also had a job then so we went back and forth a bunch.
In the end, their job for tonight got cancelled so dinner was back on for tonight.
 
After my bath, I spent a bunch of time trying to get NCT's Cameo Silhouette to work but no luck at all.
I think I've given up.
I made another sign using the pencil stencil method and I used a regular marker I had this time.
I liked it better than the paint marker but still think a real stencil would look better.
 
Am so hoping I get the Cricut tomorrow.
 
Everyone made it to the house around 6 pm.
 

Mr H had new slippers he wanted to show off.
The toenails on them light up which was really cool.

Miss A did her own nails and she was proud of them.
She did a great job.
 


I made a sheppard's pie which is my family's favorite.
 

I was making this a total easy clean up for myself by using disposable dishes.
My brother was dishing up for himself and the kids.
 
Mr H wasn't really sold on it.
He agreed to eat some of the potatoes but skipped the hamburger and cream corn.
 
It didn't set up the way I wanted so didn't look very appetizing on the plate but it tasted delicious.
My brother enjoyed it!
 
Everyone was hanging out in the living room.

Everyone was able to make it too which was nice - usually we are missing a person or two.
 
Baby F and her serious face.

My pretty Miss M.

I think everyone enjoyed the meal.

My SIL and Miss H.

Miss A!

Got a really nice smile from mom.

Baby F and I hung out while everyone ate.

I could not get her to crack a smile no matter what!
What a poker face!

I had some chocolate cake hanging around so of course Mr H wanted a piece for dessert.

There wasn't much left by the time I got out my camera.

When the chocolate cake is oh so good.

Got to shovel it in there as fast as possible.

He was in chocolate cake heaven.
 
We got a few games out to play - we tried Guesstures then we played some Pictureka.
We had fun.
I suggest we start doing a family game night once a month.
We'll see what happens.

When My Honey got home from work, the magic tool box appeared and the kids picked out a toy each.

Baby F still wouldn't crack a smile for me.

No matter what I did!

Mom even tried but no go.

Funny girl.

We tried a selfie.

Still a no go.
 
Everyone left around 9 - it was a nice evening.
 
We called it a night not long after everyone left.
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment