Saturday 2 February 2019

New Year's Eve Seattle Style! (Dec.31, 2018)

My Honey found this little bagel place near our hotel so we stopped there for breakfast.

They had SO MANY different flavors and they are locally made.
We love places like this.

Just waiting for our order.

My Honey ordered the Reuben.

Just look at all the meat on there.

I stayed with what I know and got cream cheese and lox.

It was loaded with salmon, tomatoes, cream cheese, onions and capers.
All of those things make my tongue and my belly happy.

I had to get some to go to because they had so many cool flavors.
I got a snickerdoodle, a french toast and a cranberry orange.
Our breakfast was so good I was kind of bummed that we only found it on our last day.

This has been our ride while we've been here.
We decided to just go for a drive around today, no destination in mind, we were just going to go with the flow.

Skinny Sculpture.

Pretty tree.

What an enormous house!

We found a park and decided to go for a walk.

It had some funky looking trees.

There were some ducks on this inlet from the lake.

We wanted to go for a walk through the woods but it was taped off, it looked pretty wet on the ground in there so I think maybe that was why.

So we walked down by the lake instead.

It was very picturesque.

I want to have pathways with fences like this through the woods in our property on PEI.

Little bridges scattered here and there too even if they are going over nothing.

It was a lovely day for a walk in the park.

The ducks weren't afraid to get up close and personal.

There looked to be some fancy homes along the waters edge.

Not sure if this guy is getting a drink or a snack.

Must have been something good there - everyone wanted some.

This guy even came over to check it out.

There was a nice long dock too.

It was so calm and peaceful.

I wouldn't mind having a place here.

This guy arrived at the park when we did.
He had a build your own canoe.
It was all folded up like a suitcase and he was still working on putting it together as we were leaving.

Of course we had to linger to see if he ever got it together and got into the water.
He did.

Green grass - what a wonderful thing to see on the last day of December.

We left the park and continued on driving.

Came upon a park full of Canadian Geese.

We came upon this area full of shops and restaurants so we looked for a place to get some lunch.

There was a Thai place with good ratings so we gave it a try.

It was a nice spot, the seats were cozy.

I ordered a bowl of Tom Kha Gai.
If a Thai place we go to has it on the menu, I always order it.
This was a delicious version.

My Honey had the sweet & sour soup.
It was really good too.

Ha ha - I think this is his version of the evil eye.

We both decided to try something new.
My Honey had a curry dish with crispy noodles.

I had this green been dish.
I found it was just way too much sweet, I'm glad I tried something new though.

After we ate, there was a Home Goods store nearby so we walked over to it to have a look.
I need a new wallet and I've been looking but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a wallet.
Turns out Home Goods is the exact same store as HomeSense.
I was in heaven.
They had tons of Christmas stuff left and it was all on sale for super cheap.
Even though things are looking pretty tight with my suitcase I felt confident I'd be able to figure something out and I bought more stuff.
I think My Honey was doubting whether or not I'd be able to fit it all in but I was prepared to pay extra if I was over weight.

I did find a wallet too so the shopping expedition was a total success.
It was such a nice clear evening.
We had plans in the city so we headed back to where we'd parked the car.

The sun was setting and the sky was ablaze.

We had to just stand there and watch it.

It was beautiful.

We didn't plan on taking the rental into the city tonight because parking is so expensive so we decided to take the rental car back tonight instead of having to deal with it in the morning.

We just had an Uber pick us up there and take us into the city.

We had tickets to ride on the Great Wheel so that is where we went first.

It looks so tall when you are standing underneath it.

Seattle's Great Wheel.

It was more like an enclosed ferris wheel, not really like the London Eye or the High Roller in Las Vegas but still neat.

I had to move seats so I could take a selfie with My Honey.

The seats swayed like a ferris wheel when you moved so it was a little scary.

You could see all kinds of stuff from up there.

You could see the water.

The buildings of the city.

Even the Seattle Space Needle.
I think we did maybe four revolutions then that was it.

When we hopped off, we started walking toward Benaroya Hall.
We had tickets to a show there again tonight but we wanted to get something to eat first and thought we'd find something along the way.

We found the Yard House.

Even though it was New Years Eve, we were just a party of two so we didn't have to wait long at all to be seated.

They had an interesting menu.
The waiter highly recommended the Poke Nachos.

My Honey ordered a taco too.

Love spending time with this guy!

The waiter was right, these Poke Nachos were awesome.
I just loved them.

We shared the boneless wings - they were a Korean style and they were delicious too.

My Honey really enjoyed his taco.

I saw they had bread pudding on the menu and I just couldn't resist so we shared one.
The sauce on it was divine.

It was a delicious meal - we really lucked out with our random restaurant choice.

We walked back toward the hall for our show.

It's kind of a plain looking building really.

Benaroya Hall.

It was lit up and looking festive.

The countdown to midnight was displayed on the ceiling.
Just over three hours to go until 2019.

The stage looked even more colorful than the lobby - it looked so nice.

Ready for the show to start.

We were seeing a DooWop group that were being accompanied by the Seattle Orchestra.
The DooWop Project.
The guys in the group each had played various roles in Broadway shows before, like Jersey Boys and Motown.

The show was great, I really enjoyed it immensely.
I'd absolutely go see them again.

The show was over before midnight but there was a party in the lobby afterward.
There were party hats and champagne.

There was a band out there too to help ring in the New Year.
My Honey wanted to go to watch the fireworks at the Space Needle though so we left and headed up there.
I thought the party might have been fun but I'm so glad we didn't stay there.

It took about 20 minutes to walk to it but we got there in plenty of time for the fireworks.

It looked so good all lit up.
There were tons of other people there for the fireworks too.

While we were taking pictures, a fight nearly broke out right beside us but luckily there were lots of police officers around and they got the situation under control right away.

Moi!

We started to see some smoke coming off the building and new the show was about to start.

A clip of the fireworks display.
I loved how they set them off - I thought it looked great.

They didn't last very long but I'm thankful we got to see it.
Traffic was pretty much at a stand still because there were so many people around.

We decided to go in a grab a pizza at a spot that was right there hoping that the traffic congestion would clear up somewhat before we called an Uber.

We waited for about an hour and the traffic hadn't really let up that much so we decided we might have better luck if we walked to a less busy area.

We walked until we came to a hotel then ordered the Uber.
The drive into the city from where we were staying in Bellevue had been averaging around $20 each time we did it but tonight they wanted $100.00,
We were shocked but we also didn't really have a choice.

We fly out in the morning and it was already after 2 am by this point so we just had to do it.

Our Uber driver was a tiny Asian girl - first female Uber driver we've had.
How brave of her to drive by herself, I don't think I would.
She was very friendly.
She kind of made her own route and she drove very fast which was a bit nerve wrecking but she got us back to the hotel in one piece.

It was 2:30 am by the time we got there and we still had to pack.
It took me a bit to get everything packed in such a way that it a, fit and b, didn't make my luggage to heavy.
It's going to be close but I think I'm going to be under with the luggage weight - at least I hope.

It didn't take long for us to fall asleep.



That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment