Sunday 3 February 2019

Bracing for a Chilly Weekend (Feb.1, 2019)

It is chilly out there this morning, brrrr!

I saw this on Facebook first thing this morning and I thought it was fitting.

I weighed in first thing.
Getting close to the 250's so stoked about that.

As soon as SV & BH arrived at work I went and wrote the SAIT exam.
There were some questions that were about things that My Honey and I didn't go over last night but I ended up getting 78% so at least I passed.
I would have liked to have done better but at least it's done and over with.

At coffee break, CO showed some some pictures one of the consultants sent of some work being done in our field.

My brother and my son were there for the job, so I asked CO to send me copies of the picture.

I'm never out in the field so I've never seen them at work before.
I had an idea of what they did but seeing the pictures is cool.

They were changing a BOP.

My son isn't down in there, he just helped guide it in.
That makes me feel better too - sometimes I worry about them out there.

After coffee break, I headed up to the hospital.
I had an appointment at 11:30 to get my stitch out.
My Honey likely could have done it for me but they said they should have the results by today so I'd like to get them.

I got there on time for my appointment but it was close to 1 pm when the doctor finally came in to see me and I was fuming by that point.
I hate it when they do that.
If you can't see me until 1 pm then don't book my appointment until then.
My time is just as important as anyone else's.

When I did finally see him, I think the whole appointment took less than 5 minutes.
He took the stitch out and gave me the results.

Both were begign.
The one on my leg was a kind of wart and the one on my arm was some kind of cyst.

Then I was on my way.
I had planned on going home for lunch but the appointment ate up my whole lunch hour so I just headed back to work.

I munched on carrots all afternoon.
I also had a banana and an orange so I was good.

At the end of the day, BobL came out front and put a song on.
BN usually plays Friday songs for us to guess but BobL wanted to do it today.
He played a song by an artist, Melanie, who'd performed at Woodstock and apparently still performs today.
I had no idea, none of us were able to guess.
Soon enough we were all congregated out there listening to music and trying to guess who sang it.

I even called My Honey and put him on speaker phone to include him because music trivia is his favorite but he couldn't really hear what we were playing well enough to guess.

After everyone left, I moved all my belongings back to my office.
SG will be back to work on Monday so I'll be heading back to my little neck of the woods.

The cold weather is certainly the news around here today.

It's a good thing we decided to cancel our girls trip to the city this weekend.
I think it's going to be a Netflix and chill kind of weekend.

I stopped at the store on the way home and picked a few things up.
I thought soup would be a perfect thing to have for supper.

As soon as I got home I cooked up a gigantic pot.

I watched some more Outlander while I was waiting for My Honey to get home from work.
He ended up having to work late and outside too so he was really cold when he got home.
That tells me that it was super cold out there because My Honey never complains about being cold.

These are the kind of news stories I like.
I love that someone took the time to do this!

Sometimes yes, I really am.
Like today when I was sitting at the doctors office just fuming inside.
The bubbles over my head would not have been pleasant at all.😉


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment