Monday 11 February 2019

XRay of My Noggin (Feb.8, 2019)

I weighed in first thing when I got to work.
 
262.8 lbs.
 
I had to leave early today because I had an appointment in the city at 1:45 pm.
So I worked until 10 am and that came pretty quickly.
 
We were planning on staying for the night so we had to pack.
My Honey had the suitcase out and of course, look what I found when I went in to pack.

He looks pretty comfortable in there!

Got a picture of my grocery list.

We were on the road by 10:30am and I still hadn't had any breakfast so we stopped in BH and I got myself a snack.
 
My appointment was at Edmonton Diagnostics to get an xray of my head.
I have a tooth that broke in half and fell out years ago and I'm finally going to get an implant.
I considered a bridge but they would have to shave down the teeth on either side then I wouldn't be able to floss between them and I don't think I would like that.
The xray will show if I have enough bone for the implant.
There is also a nerve in the bottom of the jaw and the xray shows where it goes so they can stay clear of it.
 
The results will be sent to my dentist and he will make the decision on if we can go ahead with an implant.
I don't think it will be a problem.
 
We made it early to the appointment and they were able to fit me in so I was out of there in 20 minutes.
 
There was a European Deli near the Diagnostic Center so we went in and had a look around.
We got some sausage and this poppyseed roll which wasn't actually very good.
We shared a slice and threw the rest away.
 
 I wanted to go to this second hand home renovation store I'd found online to look for some trim so that's where we headed next.
Home Re-Use-Ables
It was way on the south side but I'm glad we made the trek there.
What a great store.
I found lots of trim for .25/foot and I found some other goodies too.
The store was well organized and they were very helpful.
I will definitely go back.
 
We were ready for some supper and we found Barb & Ernie's was nearby.
 
They have German food and I've always wanted to try it so that's where we went.
They had a buffet and it smelled divine so we both decided to have that.
 
 
It came with soup and I chose the Goulash.
It was the tomato based kind so not what I remember from my childhood but the meat was fall apart tender so it was really good.
 
I filled up my plate at the salad bar.

Then at the main buffet.
I had garlic mashed potatoes, German sausage, sauerkraut, purple cabbage, roulade, schnitzel, roast beef and spaetzle.
It was good but I couldn't finish.
 


They had german chocolate cake on the dessert table so I had to try it.
It was so delicious.

I also tried a bit of german apple cake and rootbeer cheesecake which I'd never heard of before.
It had a really strong rootbeer taste but I'm still on the fence as to whether or not it I liked it.

My Honey tried the pineapple square and lemon crepe.
They were both good.
They didn't skimp on the lemon flavor and I liked that.
 
After supper, we went to the West Edmonton mall so My Honey could get a new phone.
He had a bit of a time finding one because he wanted an older version of a phone but he did find one.
 
We went to Michaels too so I could look at Cricuts and ask some questions but they couldn't really give me any further information then what I'd found online so I left without being any further in my decision as to which one I want to buy.

We headed back to the mall for a movie.
We saw My Honey's pick - I didn't mind it.
 
Then we headed to the hotel.
We decided to stop at Walmart to get an extension cord to plug the truck in because it was pretty cold so I picked up a few things too from my list.
 
We stayed at the Four Points Sheraton in West Edmonton.
It's on a one way street so it took a little driving around to figure out how to get to it but we managed.
We discovered upon check in that they have indoor, underground parking so we didn't need the extension cord after all but oh well.
 
I wanted to look at flights to New York because there is a seat sale on right now so I brought my tablet with me but it was dead and I brought the wrong charging cord with me.
Oh well, the sale is on until Feb.14 so we still have time.
 
Ha ha - I thought this was funny - the comment is pretty good too!

I just buy big in the first place - I hate anything feeling too tight.

These look cute and easy to make.
Might do a couple for the sale.
 
Wowzers, I love seeing all that green!
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment