Saturday 2 February 2019

Day of Rest, Kind Of. (Jan.20, 2019)

I got up early this morning, made myself a coffee, grabbed a book and jumped in the tub.
My brother got me the book for Christmas.
The Clock Makers Daughter by Kate Morton.
As soon as I started reading it I was drawn right in.
My brother always does a great job at picking out books for me.
It was so good that I ended up staying in the tub much longer than planned and had to scramble to get to the rink in time for my 10 am game.
I didn't even get to have any breakfast!
We played against another league team, LR's team and we just fell apart.
At the end of the 5th end, they were winning 7 to 1.
I was really trying my best but it didn't hurt my feelings that much because I was tired and if we won we would have had to play again at noon.
So we played back the 6th end (they ended up getting another couple points) and we called it.
That was the end of the bonspiel for us.

I was so hungry and luckily they'd brought out some of the leftovers from last nights supper so this was my breakfast.
The final games were at noon for the A, B and C titles but I didn't stick around.
I headed home and vegged on the couch for a bit.
Five games in one weekend is a lot if you aren't used to it.
The kitties were relaxing as well.
One on the couch, the other on the floor.


My Honey picked up this giant scratch ticket for me a few days ago and I finally got to scratching it.
I won $10.00 too!!


Paddington sleeps in the funniest positions.


He seems to prefer soft surfaces while Professor Snuggles prefers the floor.

 
I watched some tv then decided to make a pot of chowder for supper.
I ran down to the store for some clams and milk and made a gigantic pot.

It was really delicious and I felt good that My Honey would have a warm meal to come home to.
It's been a freezing cold weekend here, -20, yuck!
It did warm up today though, only -1 so that's quite a difference.
When I was eating, my brother texted to see if I could watch the kids while they made a quick grocery trip to WCT.
I said sure of course - I always like seeing them.



They wanted to mix up some drinks so that's what we did first.
I am not talking alcoholic drinks here just to be clear 😏


Mr H is so busy and he was wanting me to follow him around the house.




I did a bit but I was feeling tired so I tried to bribe them to sit on the couch and watch a show with some snacks.



It worked a little bit but then My Honey arrived home.
Mr H loves him so much he can't contain his excitement and just wants to do everything with him.
So My Honey entertained him for a bit and it wasn't long before my brother was there to pick them up.
Mr H had brought some toys with him and was looking for them to take back home.
So we went in the basement looking and found them but he wanted other stuff too so My Honey gave him box of Stove Top Stuffing and a box of Salt jokingly but he put them right in his bag and he was taking them.
Ha ha, it was funny.
My brother tried to convince him to leave that stuff here but no way would he.
That was his stuff and he was taking it and that was that!!!
My Honey and I tried to watch a You Tube video he'd found about Miami but it just wouldn't load.
Our internet has been slow lately I've noticed, frustratingly slow.
It was taking so long to load that we just gave up and went to bed.


I saw this on Instagram and I just loved the bright colors.
It's so cheerful!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment