Saturday 2 February 2019

Family Dinner (Jan.6, 2019)

I had a really rough night, I just couldn't sleep and I'm not sure why.
I'm thinking maybe it's my heating blanket so when My Honey left for work, he turned it off for me and I did end up falling asleep until 9 am.

When I did get up, I made myself a coffee and the same breakfast as yesterday then settled in for another episode of Tidying Up.
She really has some great tips on that show.

Watching it gets me motivated too so as soon as it was over I got started on my to do list for today.
Today's To Do List:
2 blog posts completed & published
pack up 2 Christmas boxes
boil eggs
wash couch covers
go to store for chicken, garlic bread and Caesar salad ingredients
20 minutes on treadmill
10 squats
10 lunges
10 sit-ups
10 push-ups
10 burpees

I got started on the Christmas packing and I ended up getting everything done except the tree.
I don't want to do that until My Honey is home to help me get the tree out.

I washed the couch covers and when I tried to get them back on it was hard.
The love seat one I was able to pull and get on but the one for the couch I ended up having to cut the seam.
It just would not fit - I remember it being hard when I first got them but it must have shrunk because it just would not go on.
Oh well, I did it on a spot that shouldn't be too visible.

I sat and chilled for a bit and Paddington joined me.

He has a thing for my phone too - I think he actually likes posing for pictures.

I got my workout in fairly early because I knew if I waited until afterwards, it might not get done.

I tried to get over an 11 minute stretch of jogging again but right around 11 minutes, I hit the cord for my earbuds and my ipod went flying.
Ha ha - maybe its just not meant to be.
I did jog for most of the work out today though, with 1 minute of walking recovery between songs.
At the end I did 5 minutes on the 10 incline too just because.

I felt really great.

After my workout I soaked in a nice hot bath - that felt great too!

I had some leftover taco soup for lunch.

Then mom & I went to the store.
I planned on making chicken breast, Caesar salad and garlic toast.
When I got to the store, they didn't have any fresh chicken at all.
What a bummer - I wanted to cook some up for lunches this week too.
They also didn't have any salad kits either.

The weather has been really wintery this weekend, really white, lots of snow.
Maybe people stuck around town and bought up everything.

I ended up getting frozen breaded chicken instead, it will do.

I still made the caesar salad.

The garlic toast.

Then we had breaded chicken instead of chicken breast.

The kids came over.

I held Baby F while they ate.

She always has this little serious look and it's hard to get her to crack a smile.

She gets talking to herself and it sounds like she's upset but she isn't but then she does get herself upset.

She's such a funny little darling, I just love her so much.

My son seemed in better spirits even though they still aren't working that much.

I had a bunch of Christmas boxes packed up ready to take downstairs and my son took them down for me which I appreciated so much.
Packing them away under the stairs where they go will be on my to do list for tomorrow.

Mom had a turn holding Baby F while he did that and I ate.

While we were sitting having supper, I noticed a few decorations that I'd missed.
Oops.

The house looks so bare now without the decorations.

They visited a little before taking Baby F home to put her to bed.

My Honey was late getting home from work so I sat and enjoyed my tree.  I was thinking it would be it's last night but I have curling tomorrow night so I likely won't get to taking it down until Tuesday night.

When he did get home, he ate and we watched a little of Miss Congeniality.
It was kind of funny, we wanted to see the end so PVR'd it because we were ready for bed.

I didn't get much sleep last night and I was feeling it.
I turned off the heating blanket hoping it would make a difference tonight, we'll see!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment