Sunday 3 February 2019

Too Young for Good-Bye (Jan.30, 2019)

This morning was a busy morning.
I knew I had to leave early and was going to be gone for the rest of the day so I was scrambling to get a bunch of stuff done before I left.

 
I did do a weigh in and I was up a little as expected.
I wish I didn't focus so much on my weight - it gets tiring sometimes but if I don't, who knows what shape I'll end up in.
I believe if I just keep trying, I'll succeed so I'm just going to keep doing the best that I can.
Everyone from the office was heading to WCT for the funeral this afternoon.
I was going to drive by myself because of my dentist appointment but SV said her and BK would come with me and they didn't mind finding something to do while I was there.
Then BK's hubby ended up getting home from work earlier than expected so he was able to attend.
They offered to take SV & I with them and they didn't mind waiting while I was at the dentist so that was that.
I wanted to get out of the office by 11 and it was just after when we left and I was able to get everything done that I needed.
We got to the church around 12:30 and the parking lot was already packed.
I knew it was going to be a full house and it was.
There were so many people there from our little community and it was nice to see.
I hope it helped the family to see so many people that care about them.

 
The service was touching and emotional.
They had a picture slideshow going of Courtney the whole time and she was just always smiling, even in pictures after her diagnosis.
Such a big smile too.
She was such a beautiful girl, inside and out and it's hard to comprehend why her life was cut so short.
When her husband spoke, he talked about how positive she always was and how she turned out to be the strong one, much stronger than him.  Near the end of her life she was concerned though that she would be forgotten and I'd never heard that sentiment spoken at a funeral before but how true.
Our relationships in life are what are important in the end, none of the other stuff matters and so it was a reminder to make sure we always show our loved ones how much they matter to us.
In good times and in bad.
We stayed after funeral for the reception and then they dropped me off to the dentist early hoping they could fit me in early.
Luckily, the appointment before me was late showing up so they snuck me in.
She said my teeth were nice and clean - that always makes me feel proud.
I try to take good care of my teeth - it's important to me.
I love getting a cleaning too, my teeth always feel so good afterwards.
I was done within a half hour and then we were on the road home.
I felt quite exhausted when I got home so I just sat and got caught up on some Sister Wives.
Thought I'd get it watched while My Honey was at work.

I hadn't really eaten much today so I cooked up some ground beef with cabbage.
I also had this package of Schezwan beans that I cooked up to go with it.
My Honey got home right at 7 which I was surprised to see but it was because he had to curl which I'd forgotten about.
He left right away and I did some blogging.
I'm still behind but I'm almost done our Seattle trip and it will be smooth sailing after that.

I'm always on the look out for new sign sayings that I like and this one is super cute.

Right?

Ha ha!
Totally a joke though seeing as my mom does live with me and I'm happy to have her here. 

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment