Sunday 3 February 2019

Day of Heartbreak (Jan.23,2019)

This morning started out like any other day, it was freezing cold out there, brrrrr!


Weigh in this morning.
264.4 lbs

Then on break, we received the heartbreaking news that Courtney T had passed this morning.
It's hard to believe she's no longer here with us on this earth.
It just seems so unfair - I feel like the world should stop to mourn for her for a minute at least but it just continues on.
I can't even begin to imagine what her family is going through - you feel like you want to do something to help them but what can you do?

I just know that she was a sweet, kind girl.  Always so pleasant and agreeable and she'll be missed by so many people.

I think for the rest of the day she was on all of our minds.


I went home for lunch and had some leftover pasta.

This afternoon BH, SV & I were all discussing what we could do to help out - maybe send food to the family tomorrow or something when we find out where they will all be staying.
Our area manager just happened to be visiting today (RandyS) and he stopped in and chatted with us about it.
Told us he'd do whatever he could to help.

Then we all got talking about his career and where he's lived.  They transferred him to Aberdeen, Scotland for 5 years and he & his wife did a lot of travelling when they lived there.
He was telling us about lots of places he'd visited and said if not for their children and grandchildren, they'd likely still live there.
We talked for a couple hours and the afternoon was suddenly over.

I did do a bit more work to finish up one last project that I needed to - I have all my numbers for it calculated now tomorrow when I get in, I just have to send off the email with the totals then that will be done and I'll be happy to get that off my plate.

Right near the end of the day, BN came and told me that curling for he & My Honey had been cancelled tonight. DK, another one of their team members had been laid off today.
He works for us in our maintenance department and has for years.
I felt just sick about it.
How much longer can this downturn in the oil patch go on - people are really hurting.

My Honey made Adobo Chicken for supper and a salad and it was so delicious.

The kitties were play fighting and My Honey captured this hilarious shot of Professor Snuggles with a headlock on Paddington.
Looks like he's saying "surrender to my demands or the orange cat gets it!"

Two seconds later it looked much more tame.

And only seconds after that they were back to looking like buddies.

I had wanted to go visit Baby F but it was so cold out there, I didn't really want to go back out into it.

Then I was thinking about it and tomorrow night we are going to WCT to do some shopping and then Friday night I'm going to have the kids sleep over so I figured I'd better get over there for a visit.
She was chilling in her chair on the floor while her daddy was talking to her and mommy was making supper.

She just looked so relaxed.

She would put her leg up on the little bar.  It looked so cute.


My Honey got down to play with her and she was ok with that.


Still got that serious look!


Then she started squirming her way out of the chair and she pretty much was able to get herself pretty much out of it.

Mommy put her back in and she did it again!

Dad had to wrangle her.

He put her in her exersaucer and My Honey & I got down on the floor and talked to her.
She was ok for a bit but then started fussing again.
It was getting later so I hope it was because she was tired and not because she's afraid of us.

We let the kids get her in the bath and ready for bed and we stopped at the store.
I was wanting something sweet and settled on cottage cheese, grapes and a lemon drink.

When we got home I got to work finishing up my second post for the day.
It took a bit longer than planned so I didn't have anything to eat when I was done but I did have the lemon drink.

Meanwhile, My Honey was trying to do some work on his laptop.

What is it with cats and computers?
Paddington doesn't just lie near the computer, he lies right on it.

We watched the newest episode of Andrew Zimmern's Big Food Truck Tip.
He was in Memphis and the food trucks he went to this time all looked good.


I so want to do this!
I think the kids would love it.

Then I headed to bed. I pray for Courtney's family to find some peace and I also hope that DK & BK are going to be ok.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment