Saturday 2 February 2019

City with My Honey (Jan.13, 2019)

We slept in this morning and lounged around quite late.
There was a documentary on about Andre the Giant and it was really interesting.

So we missed the free breakfast at the hotel (we always do) but that was ok because we went to our usual, Tim Hortons.

We each had Bacon Bagel Belts and we shared an oatmeal.

The oatmeal tasted extra good today.

We did a bit of shopping around, Peavey Mart, The Warehouse and Costco.
I got these cool, collapsible crates at Costco and I just love them.

After Costco, we headed to the South Side to pick up a fireplace for NCT that she'd found on kijiji.
We had to get the directions from google maps but it wasn't that hard to find.

Since we were on the south side, My Honey found a place to eat - I told him to surprise me.
He picked a place, put the directions in the GPS and off we went.

I wasn't sure where we were going so it was kind of fun.

Izakaya Dorinku was the place he picked.
It was downtown so we had to look for a place to park but we found one quite easily.

Edmonton is like any other downtown with the murals but I've never seen these ones before.

I've always liked Curious George so this one especially appealed to me.


We walked over to the restaurant and it wasn't super busy so we got a seat right away.

I had to use the facilities first thing and they had all these figurines displayed in glass cases on the way.

My son is a huge Dragonball Z fan so he would have liked this for sure.

My brother would have liked this giant transformer.

When I got in the washroom, I was kind of shocked to see that they had one of those fancy toilets with all the bells and whistles - I've never seen one before.

The toilet seat was warm which to me is reason enough to get one.  I don't even really care about all the other fancy things it does, the warm seat was just the best!!!

There weren't really any appetizers that we wanted to try, except miso soup so I got a bowl of that.

And we ordered the fried chicken as our appetizer.




My Honey ordered the Durinko ramen bowl.



I ordered the Beef Bibimbap.

The ramen was just ok but everything else was delicious!

I would have liked to have dessert but I was trying to stay on course with the weight loss so I didn't.

Our final stop before we left the city was Walmart.

I had a few things to return and some things to pick up.
We got groceries and I got a couple of containers to finish up some Christmas packing.
I keep tissue paper and gift bags from year to year and the containers they are in fell apart this year so I need new ones.

We got every thing we needed and were on our way.

Last minute I got My Honey to stop at Winners in Spruce Grove so I could look for a hoodie for Mr.T.  I'm glad I did because I found one and that was the last thing I needed to tick off on my list.

It was after 6:30 so I knew we would be getting home late.
It was super foggy in spots on the way home so we had to slow right down - you couldn't see a thing in front of you, you could barely even see the lines.
Thank goodness it was only in spots and not the whole way or else we would have been crawling.

NCT asked us to drop the fireplace off downtown at the display the Communities in Bloom group has so we did.  Her and KT were there changing it from a Christmas to a Spring display.

We chatted with them for a bit so it ended up being after 9 when we finally got home.
We hauled all our stuff in, put it away.

My Honey was looking up a trip while we were relaxing afterwards.
He realized he has enough points to get three trips for us - woo hoo!
He was doing research and I told him to pick anywhere, as long as it was warm I was good to go, he could just surprise me.

I went off to bed and he stayed doing the research.
He doesn't have to work tomorrow anyway, lucky duck.

He did come down afterwards though and tell me that we were all booked and the best deal he found was Miami so we are off to Florida again in February.

I am really excited.
The weather is so nice there and we didn't get to go down to the Florida Keys last time so we will certainly make sure we do it this time.

I didn't get a work out in again but I was careful about what I ate.
Except I bought a huge bag of unsalted nuts and they are like crack to me, I can't stay away.
Hopefully that won't effect my weigh in tomorrow but even if it does, I am still determined.


I captured this moment with Baby F on video and I've been fiddling with it trying to figure out how to get a screen shot of it without the "play" symbol in the middle.
I haven't figured it out but I'm going to keep trying.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment