Monday 8 April 2019

Winter Carnival Talent Show (Mar.8, 2019)

Paddington always comes in for a cuddle in the morning.

He gets right on my head and snuggles right in.
I might look cranky but really I love it.

I didn't work out again this morning.
I am going to start next week though for sure, Tuesday morning.

My Honey sent this picture of a cake that he made while I was on coffee break.
We had a full house and they all suggested he bring it down but he didn't.
BB even joined us.
He only retired last week but he's bored already and wishing he'd waited until summer!

My Honey had steak and mushrooms cooked up for us for lunch.
There was left over chimichurri so I had a healthy serving of it.
It is so delicious.

I had to test out My Honey's cake too.
It was raspberry and vanilla.
It was super moist, just the way I like my cake!

After work, I had a quick bite to eat then mom, My Honey and I headed over to the community center in town.
It's the winter carnival here in town this weekend and they were having a talent show.
The parking lot was packed but mom had the brilliant idea for us to park in the back where it was practically empty.
Smart thinking!

My SIL was there with Mr H.
Miss A had a few performances in the show tonight.

He had a pretty good view.

There were group dances.

Solo dances.

The little dancers - Some of them do the actions, some don't.
It doesn't matter - they are still the cutest.

Miss H showed up with Baby F.
I was so happy to see her, it's been awhile.

It was a packed house in there.

It's really nice to see the community all get out to enjoy things like this.

We even had a Bollywood performance.

Then Miss A was out for her first performance of the night.

I was really impressed, she's been dancing for a few years now and I can really notice a huge improvement this year.

Mr H was watching very seriously.

Go girls!

Miss A really looked like she was enjoying herself too.
I think things like this are great for self confidence.

This guy played the guitar and sang a song and he did a wonderful job.

We had a hip hop performance.

The kids put on a play.
Rumpelstiltskin.

Miss A was the narrator.
She did a great job reading and spoke loudly and clearly.
I was impressed!

Another great performance.

At intermission, I made my way over to see Baby F.
There's that adorable little serious face.

There was a piano solo.

The performances weren't really holding the kids attention any longer so Mr H and Miss Z played in the kitchen with My Honey.

Miss A getting ready for her third performance of the night.

Waiting for the music to start.

She danced this one with SV's grand-daughter - they've partnered before and they look good together.

Another hip hop performance.

I had to go visit Baby F again when I had the chance.
My son had been called out to work so he wasn't able to make it.

Such a darling girl.
It was close to 9 when the show ended so her mama was taking her home and putting her to bed.
I was so happy I got a chance to see her.

After the show, we headed home.
We watched a bit of tv before heading to bed.
The cold is still lingering for both of us and we are really trying to shake it so getting lots of rest seemed appropriate.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment