Friday 12 April 2019

St Albert for the Day (April 4, 2019)

I had to go into St Albert office this morning to do some training.
A girl I was covering for is back from maternity leave so she just needed a bit of a refresher.

I was just thinking about how happy I was yesterday that the snow was almost all melted so imagine my surprise (and disappointment) to wake up to this!
 
It was an uneventful drive, just the way I like them.
Plus the snow was pretty much all gone by the time I hit the Fort so that was good.
 
I got to the office just after 9 am and the training session only took about an hour so I found an empty office to work in for the rest of the day.
 
My Honey texted me to let me know he was making a delicious meatloaf for supper.
Yum Yum
 
I had brought some left over lazy man cabbage rolls for lunch so I was able to join some of the ladies in the office for lunch.
It's nice to get there and spend some time with my other colleagues.
I talk and email with them lots but that face to face interaction is so much better.
 
I wanted to be on the road by 2:30 but it was closer to 4 pm when I left.
I made a stop at Walmart for some strawberries then at Winners just to look around.
 
There were so many things I wanted at Winners.
It's funny, sometimes I go and they have nothing I want and other times I want to buy out the store.
I talked myself out of the bulk of things but I did buy this decorative wooden piece.
I'm not sure where I'll put it yet but I know it will look good somewhere.
 
I also picked up a few snacks then I was on the road heading for home.
It kind of snowed a little on and off but nothing major so the ride home was just a nice as the drive in this morning.

It was just after 7 when I got home and  Paddington was sitting in my seat.
It didn't look like he was very impressed that I was there to claim it back.

I picked up some flowers at Walmart - they look much darker in the picture then what they really are but regardless, they look so pretty.

The bacon wrapped meatloaf was ready and looking delicious.

He made potatoes and broccoli to go along with it.
I had some because it looked so good but I was feeling so full.
I realized afterwards when my belly started bothering me that it was likely from the cabbage I'd had at lunch.
I love it but boy, my belly sure does not.

We all cuddled on the couch together and watched a documentary.
 
The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley.
It was really interesting.

Paddington was just snuggle right in there and he was NOT moving. 
 

Mr D got some more donations so he posted another dance.
 
I tried to get a screen shot of his cool moves but this was the best I could do.
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment