Monday 8 April 2019

Spring Has Sprung (Mar.19, 2019)

Well I got my butt out of bed early this morning for a workout. 

My Honey ended up getting called to work early about 20 minutes into the workout so instead of doing weights, I just stayed on the treadmill longer.

I got a few 1 minute jogs in - boy are they hard to do first thing in the morning.
Felt good to be done!


Up again on the scale but I'm going to keep on trucking.

The snow is melting away which is wonderful however, it's like an obstacle course to try to get from the truck into the office.


It's kind of a little valley all along the walkway so that is where all the water runs to.

It was frozen on the top but not solidly enough to walk on without getting soaked feet so I had to walk all the way around to the side of the building just to get in.

BH was sick today and SG had to go to an appointment so only SV and I were there for coffee break.
CO did join us.
He was telling us that one of our guys (JZ) was out checking our landfill yesterday and passed by a vehicle that was pulled over on the road and a guy out by the snowbank.

After he did his checks and went back, the guy was still there in the exact same position so he went to get a closer look and could see blood and a gun.
He called 911 right away and turned out the fellow had committed suicide.
How awful.
What a horrendous thing to find.
I don't understand suicide - all I know is that it is very, very sad for everyone involved.

For lunch I made myself a salad with some chicken up on top.
yummy!


After work, I stopped by my son's to bring them an extra lint lizard that I had.
They were sitting out on the deck enjoying the sunshine - it might have been a little too bright.
I think I need to get Baby F some cute little sunglasses.

She had the little outfit on that I just picked up for her last week at Old Navy and it looked so cute.

They came over to my place later for a visit.

The sun was so bright even with the shades down that it was hard to get a picture.

She is sitting up by herself so well now.

The kids found some leftovers in the fridge so they had them for supper and I sat and visited with my girl.

She is really interested in the phone and took it out of my hand to play with.

She is drinking water out of a sippy cup now - what?
Seems like she's just growing up way to fast.


She's got the hang of it!

Such a little doll.

Her mommy posted this beautiful picture of her - love the rosy little cheeks.

They left so that Miss H could go to a celebration of life for another fellow that committed suicide recently.
His family lived here in our community - I didn't really know him but knew his wife from seeing her at curling and I just found out that they are both from the same community as my family in PEI.
What a small world.

He left behind two children - it's just so sad.
I wonder how bad things must be for a person to think that suicide is their only option?

I did some more organizing downstairs, it's getting there, slowly but surely.

My Honey got home late tonight but he usually does on the last night of his shift.
I didn't feel like cooking any supper so we went to the store and got Hawkins cheesies.
I had tortilla chips, salsa and  few cheesies for supper.

I watched an episode of HomeTown then hit the hay.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment