Monday 8 April 2019

Lloydminster for Training (Mar.20, 2019)


I'm going to be heading to Lloydminster today to do some training with the admins there but I went to the office and worked for a few hours first.
I weighed in.
266.4 lbs
I'm pretty much staying right around this area - I need to do something much more substantial to move from the 260's.
I believe I can and I will.

I worked for a few hours then headed home to pack and get on the road.
My Honey is on days off so he is going to come with me for the trip.
He can explore Lloydminster in the day while I'm working then we can explore it together in the evenings.

We were about 120 kms into the trip when I remembered to take an odometer reading.

We were starting to get hungry so we looked up a place to eat in Sherwood Park.
We narrowed it down to a Mexican place and a Greek place.

Ultimately, we chose Mexican.
La Patrona 

It was a small place but full of people at 2 pm in the afternoon on a Wednesday so that was a good sign.

I liked the tin they had around the bar.

I also liked this painting.

Texting with his bestie, BN.
The topics of conversation they have are very serious (not).

They had tortilla soup so we tried that.
It had a deep, rich flavor that was strong at first but it grew on me and I liked it.

We ordered chicken tacos (these were my favorite).

and beef tacos (these were My Honey's favorite).

They had Tres Leches cake so you know I had to order that.
It was presented so nicely.

It was fabulous - so delicious.
I'd go all the way out there just to have it again!

I stumbled across Lauren Daigle on YouTube one time and she has a great voice.
She's a tiny little thing but has a deep, strong voice like Adele.
I really liked her and I was happy to see her on the radio.

We made it to Lloydminster and checked into our home for the next 3 nights.

The border between Alberta and Saskatchewan runs right through the middle of town.
Kind of cool.

We decided to go to a movie.

We picked Captain Marvel.

It's an old theatre, they don't even take debit or credit, it was cash only.
Who ever has cash on them?
We didn't but luckily they have a couple of bank machines right there.
You don't see cash only places that often anymore - I will say, the line up did seem to move much faster.

The movie was really good - I don't think My Honey was expecting to like it so he was pleasantly surprised.

Back in our room and looking forward to our little Lloydminster adventure for the next couple of days. 

I saw this online and I just love the mirrors.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment