Friday 12 April 2019

Birthday Trip to the City with the Girls! (Mar 30, 2019)

I planned on getting up early to workout before heading into the city with the girls for my birthday dinner today but that didn't happen. 

Paddington came in when I woke up to get some morning cuddles in.
He gets right on my head and just settles in.
I love it so it's hard to get up because I don't want to make him move.
 
I finally did get up though and got ready.
The girls were picking me up at 8:30.

We stopped in Barrhead on the way for gas and got the car washed too.

I love going through the car wash - I think it's fun.
Is that strange?

We stopped at MoJo's diner on the way in for the breakfast buffet.

SV had called in ahead of time to let her now that we were coming so she would have some quiche.
(she had told SV to do that last time they were there).
They have a pretty good spread there - just the fact that they have bacon makes it worth it for me.
 

BH and SV - enjoying their breakfast.

NCT & I.

I only had a plate full but it filled me up pretty good.

After breakfast, we headed to the Farmers Market in old Strathcona.

t's a neat place to walk around but we didn't buy anything.

None of the girls had ever been there before.

I like this.

Outside there was a "magician" and we left just in time to catch his show.

So of course we had to stay to watch it.

He balanced a ball on a wooden spoon.

The big finale - balancing three wine glasses on a wooden spoon he was holding in his mouth.

I don't think I noticed this statue here the last time I was here.

To NCT's delight, there were lots of puppies out and about.

It was like a gorgeous spring day, lots of people out and about.
 
We had two hours on our parking meter so we just walked around and took in the sights.
I love it down there.

We walked by Block 1912 so we had to go in to check it out.
It was voted the best desserts in Edmonton.
There was quite a line up.

I got this white chococlate mango mousse.
It was ok - it left an oily film in my mouth - I didn't really like that.
BH tried a pistachio dessert and SV had the rootbeer cake.
I also picked up a treat to take home for My Honey, Rosemary Blue Cheese tart.
He loves blue cheese so I thought it would be right up his alley.
 
From there we headed over to Mayfield.
I picked up a new bath mat and a throw blanket for my couch (like I really need another)!
 

Then it was off to Spruce Grove for a movie.

The seats in this theater are not the nice recliner ones but that theater was all sold out.
 
We saw Dumbo and to be honest, I was disappointed.
I don't think the characters were developed as well as they could have been so I didn't feel emotionally invested.
It wasn't awful but it wasn't as good as I was expecting.
 
We decided to go for Famosa for supper.
I had my Cavoletti.

NCT had cauliflower, artichoke dip.

Both SV and BH tried the thai peanut pizza.
I tried a slice, it was actually pretty good.

It was just loaded with bean sprouts which I love.

Not a well timed picture of NCT but it's the only one I got so it stays.

BH enjoying her pizza.
We probably shouldn't have each ordered a pizza because it was way too much and we couldn't finish.
Needless to say, we took left overs home for My Honey.

Moi.
 
We left there and stopped at the gas station by the theater for cough drops and we could see this car up on a boulder in the parking lot.
So we had to drive over to check it out.
I have no idea how this happened, this girl had driven right up onto this giant boulder (you can't see it here in the picture but it's on the other side).
NCT pulled right up and asked her what happened.
I think she was embarrassed and not too happy that we pulled up.
It was quite a feat though, I have no idea how they are going to get it off of there.
 
We laughed about it for a good 20 minutes on the drive home.
 
We did make one more stop at Walmart for a few essentials and we got home around 11:00.
 
My Honey was already in bed and I didn't waste any time joining him.
 
It's been a long time since I saw all green - way to go me!
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment