Monday 8 April 2019

Signs for Days! (Mar.3, 2019)

Last night was horrible in terms of sleeping.
I tossed and turned, couldn't get to sleep at all.
I got up for a bit and tried to sleep on the couch because I felt bad for coughing and moving around so much in the bed but that didn't really help.
Paddington did crawl up with me and cuddle in - I think he knew I was feeling awful.
I  eventually started to feel a little better so went back to bed but it just wasn't a very restful night.
I was awake when My Honey got up for work so I just got up too.
He has still been working out every morning, I was too tired to join him.
He is so dedicated!
I just made myself a coffee and parked on the couch to watch an episode of This is Us.
I think I only have a few more episodes to go until I'm all caught up.
I had some toast for breakfast with peanut butter and jam.

It was kind of funny because I saw this on Facebook this morning then when I went to the kitchen, my mom had had toast and left her knife exactly this way.
It's what made me think of having toast actually.

My Aunt A called me this afternoon. She and her hubby are planning on coming out to visit in April and we are all going to take the train to Vancouver.
I researched flights online then helped her book one.
They will be arriving on April 13 so I have about a month to get my house cleaned up.
I like getting company like from home not only because I miss seeing my family, but it forces me to really do a thorough clean up of my house.

NCT got the signs put together that I'd given her and she even has them all set up in a display.
The sale is next Saturday so it's coming up quickly.

I ran out of transfer tape but I discovered that painters tape does the trick.

I had found these blocks of wood at the recycles home goods store that I went to and I liked the look of them so I picked up 5 of them for $3.00 a piece.
I just wanted one word on each one.
I like this cursive font that I found.

I found some other fonts too for free on Dafont.com, it's an awesome website for anyone who would like some fonts but doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg for them.
You do have the option to donate to the creators - I wonder how many people actually do?

I tried some different colors on these ones - I thought the blue went with the white.

I liked the red color with the yellow color of this block.
I put them in a basket lined with garbage bags so I could spray paint dots on them without making a huge mess.
It was a success for the most part.

I am loving my cricut.

This sign has lots going on - hopefully it wont' be a pain.

There was a bit of bleeding on the banner part so I had to paint the letters back on afterwards but I think it turned out pretty good.
I outlined it too which I think just gives it a nice finishing touch.

I did this one white letters on black background.
Those ones seem to work out really well.


I love the look of this sign and decided to paint it silver.

For some reason, the silver paint didn't really work out, a lot of the paint was pulled off with the stencil so this one was a fail.
I painted it over it black and I'll do it again.

I like this one too. 


I've been a busy bee.
I've amassed quite a collection for NCT.

I'm not really into ripped jeans but aside from that, I love this look.
White top, blue jeans - classic.

I'm always on the look out for sign ideas and I like this one.

I planned on making chicken soup for supper so I went to the store to get the ingredients but when I was there I realized that I just didn't have the energy to do it so I got canned chicken soup and chicken cup a soup instead.
It will have to do.

By supper, I was feeling really tired I spent the evening relaxing until My Honey got home.
He was actually on time tonight which was nice - he never complains but I know he must be tired.

We watched an episode of Cheap Eats (the host is so annoying) then we headed off to bed.
I'm hoping I have a much better sleep tonight.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment