Wednesday 3 April 2019

Back Home We Go. (Feb.26, 2019)

It was such a bummer to get up at 5 am this morning when the alarm went off, I had a giant iced coffee yesterday that I was drinking most of the drive home and I think the caffeine really affected me because I tossed and turned all night.
Also, I'm not ready to go yet, I wish we could stay another week but alas, have to go home sometime.

We got ready and were on our way to the airport by 5 am.
We just about forgot to fill up but saw a gas station on the way luckily so circled back to fill up.
It only took $40.00 to fill it and that's all the gas we got this whole trip.
We did a lot of driving too!

When we dropped of the vehicle, there were no attendants there for Budget so we just left the keys in the car.

There was a bit of a line up but we still got to our gate with a little time to spare before they started boarding.

We were way at the back of the plane.
We hit a little turbulence for a few minutes but other than that it was a smooth flight and I think I was able to catch a few zzzz's.


We had an awesome view of the CN Tower as we were making our way into Toronto.

When we got to Toronto, they took us all this weird back way to customs.
We had to stop and fill out entry cards (not sure why they don't have kiosks) because they didn't have any to give us on the plane.

The customs guy was very unfriendly and kept looking at my passport then me. Finally he asked me what color my hair was, said it looked red or something.
I've never had that before.  He sent us through though.

From there, they took us outside and onto a bus that drove us over to another part of the airport.
I think it was so we could avoid having to go through screening again.
I'm not sure but it was strange, we've never had that before.

My Honey had shorts and sandals on and I had capris and flip flops so the cold was kind of jolting but it wasn't horrible.

We had just enough time to grab a sandwich (already made and packaged) before they were boarding our next flight.
We were way at the back again but at least we were in a row by ourselves.
It was one of the planes with 3 seats in the middle row then 2 seats in the two outside rows.

I couldn't really sleep so I played games on my tablet and read my book.
The pilot warned us that there might be some turbulence in the first 45 minutes but it wasn't bad and it was a pretty smooth flight again so I was thankful for that.

We landed in Edmonton at 3 pm.
We got our luggage then put pants on shoes on before catching the shuttle over to pick up the truck.


Back to the land of cold and snow.
My Honey got a coffee but I figured I better not - I wanted to make sure I had no trouble falling asleep tonight.

We went to Famosa for supper in Spruce Grove.
We had the prosciutto wrapped mozza to start.
 
They are so good, I just love the tomato sauce they are in.

Then I had my Cavioletti and


My Honey had his Vesuvio.

After we ate we hit the road for home.


Heard a good tune before I drifted off.
I could not keep my eyes open as hard as I tried.

It was around 8 when we got home.
We took everything in, I had a couple of granola bars for a snack.

My Honey opened up his suitcase so Paddington could get in there and he did almost immediately.

Spent the rest of the evening in there too!
 
We chatted and caught up with mom, then basically headed to bed.
It is nice to be back in my own bed.

Miss H posted some pictures today.
Baby F had some playtime today with her little friend and her Auntie Z.

OMG - look at those little pig tails- how darling!

Oh, she has that serious look back!

They each had their own bouncy chairs to play in.
Baby F looks pretty happy here.

She's found her tongue again.

Ha ha, now she's back to her little serious look!

Ha ha ha!
This was totally my mom when we were younger - we never dared use the fabric cutting scissors for anything else (or at least we dared not get caught)!

Took me a minute to find him.
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment