Monday 15 April 2019

Visitors From PEI! (April 13, 2019)

I was up early this morning getting the last few things I needed to done.
I got the air mattress brought in from the truck and set up for my cousin, KG.
I was waiting until the last minute for that one so that the cats didn't get in and poke a hole or something in it.
I also did some dusting, vacuuming and finished putting some laundry away then I packed a bag for the night.
 
I picked up Miss M first.
She hasn't been in the city for awhile so wanted to come in to do some shopping.
 
I picked up my brother next.
He's coming with me so he can drive my truck back for me tomorrow.
I am picking up a rental van for our trip to Calgary as we can't fit all of us and our luggage in the truck.
 
When I picked my brother up, I got to see my son and Baby F for a minute.
She has been sick all week, full of flem and throwing up - scaring her parents a bit in the process.
She looked good when I saw her, hopefully she is on the mend.
 
We parked at the Homesense doors and spent the next hour or so wandering around in there.
I got a new mat for our kitchen, a Welcome sign to put in my spare bedroom and a couple of outfits for Baby f. 
 

Including this one I thought she could wear for her first birthday.
It is 12m though and she is already wearing some 12 month stuff so it may not fit her by then.
 
They had this whale in the mall that I'd never seen before.

It looked really awesome.
You could go right in it mouth - the kids were all loving it.

I was a bit hungry and mom needed a break so we went to the food court.
I had a chicken shawarma and a fattoush salad.
They put toasted pita on the salad and the dressing is really vinegary and I just love it.
It was so good.
 
I didn't have anything else I needed and mom was tired so we went and sat in the truck to wait for the others.
My brother went to a movie and my niece wanted to continue to shop so mom and I sat and did crossword puzzles.
 
It was a couple of hours but I didn't mind.
 
We headed to the hotel in Nisku, got settled then went to the restaurant there for supper.
 
Miss M and my brother R.
 
Mom and I.
I look so huge.

I got my niece to take another picture from a different angle and I still look big but not as big.

I ordered the taco salad for supper.
It was huge!
It was good too but I couldn't finish.
 
My Honey sent me a picture of his supper, he was having an omelet wrap.
 
We hung out in the hotel room and my niece did a little fashion show for mom & I.
She picked up some new outfits today so she was trying them on and showing us how they looked.
It reminded me of when she was little and I was still living in NS.
There was a second hand store I shopped at that had bag day once a month.
You could fill a garbage bag for $6.00 and I used to get her so much cute stuff.
I'd wash it all and then when she'd come visit once a year, I'd get her to try it all on.
 
Around 10:45 I headed over to the airport to pick up my relatives.
 
They were due in at 10:59 but got in a little early, at 10:54.
Their flight had already landed when I got there but they still hadn't gotten off the plane.

There they are, just about to walk through the doors!
I was so excited to see them that I forgot to take another picture of when they actually did walk through the doors.
 
It took us about an hour to get back the hotel between waiting for luggage, finding the truck in the parking garage and making a stop at McDonald's for them since they hadn't had any supper.
 
Mom and Miss M were all cozy in bed when we got back.

My cousin, KG and my Auntie AG.
They came in to visit with us and we all chatted for about 2 hours.

My uncle AG came in for a visit too but he left a bit earlier to hit the hay.
It was nearly 4 am in the morning for them (PEI time) and he was pretty tired.

Soft all the way!

I've heard a lot of good things about this song so I finally had a listen but I wasn't blown away.
I'll have to give it another try.

One of my favorite stores got some new stuff in.
I love all  this white, rustic stuff together.

These stars are really nice too - I was going to send to BH - I figured she and her hubby might like to try making some.
I was hoping to drop by there tomorrow but they aren't open on Sunday's - bummer!
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment