Monday 8 April 2019

A Taste of Lloydminster (Mar.21, 2019)

I wanted to get to the office for 7 am so we were up early.

The hotel had free breakfast and they put on a pretty good spread.

They had what I thought was yogurt but the fellow working there informed me that it was cottage cheese.
No matter, it was really good.
If he hadn't told me it was cottage cheese, I'd never have known.

My Honey dropped me off at the office and kept the truck so he could explore today.

 I met the two ladies that I was there to train.
I've spoken and emailed with them numerous times so it was nice to finally but some faces to some names.

The morning flew by and before we knew it, it was lunch time.
We walked next door to Pizza Hut to have some lunch.

We just had the buffet, there was pizza, salad and pasta.

After lunch, we spent the rest of the afternoon training then My Honey came and picked me up at 4:30.

There was a Greek restaurant right next to our hotel and that's where we decided to go for supper.

Spiro's
The ratings online were pretty good and I had a craving for Greek food.

It was a nice big place and they were able to seat us right away.

Lots of people there so that was a good sign.

They had a fairly large menu.

I had a hard time deciding what to get.

They make this greek sauce that is famous around these parts so we ordered the wings that came smothered in it.
They were some of the best wings we've ever had.
They were huge and full of meat and the sauce was finger licking good.
It was lemony & creamy and salty and herby - a great combination.
If we are ever back this way, we will stop back here just for these!  

Then I had the Frajolaki - I didn't really care for it.

My Honey had the moussaka and he didn't really care for that either.
Guess once we had those excellent wings, nothing else could compare.

After supper, we did a bit of shopping then we headed to the room early.
We just hung out and watched some tv.

Miss A had her first day of dance competition in St Albert.

She and her dance partners.
I love their costumes, they are so bright and fun!

The won a silver medal.
Wish I could have been there but hopefully I'll be able to make it next time.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!
+

No comments:

Post a Comment