Thursday 11 April 2019

The New Couches Have Arrived! (Mar.25, 2019)

I did not sleep well at all last night.
My arm was so sore that I was close to tears.

I had to have it in a very specific position in order to manage the pain and it wasn't the most comfortable for the rest of my body.

I was exhausted and still in pain when the morning arrived that I just knew I couldn't go to work.
There was no way that I would be able to sit and type on a keyboard all day so I called in sick.
Not a usual move for me and I felt so guilty about it but I just couldn't do it.

Instead I ran a hot bath and sat in there to soak my arm.
I also started pumping ibuprofen in on a very exact time schedule (every four hours) and by mid afternoon, it was feeling better.

I picked away at clearing stuff but then would make sure to rest and both ice and heat my arm intermittently to avoid causing more harm.

We got a call letting us know that the new couch was in so My Honey & I headed to WCT to pick it up.
They helped him load it onto the truck and after we made a few more stops, we headed home.
I had planned on buying the fabric protector spray the Brick has but they were all out and since it is a white couch, I really wanted to make sure it was sprayed right away so we picked up a couple cans of Scotchguard before we headed home.

I am hoping it helps.

I wanted to get spraying them right away as soon as we got home but I had to wait for my son to come over and help load them into the house.

It was quite late by then so I only had time to spray down the love seat.
It took most of the two cans I'd picked up anyway so I'll have to get some more.

I love how it looks but it's not as comfortable as I was thinking.
My old one was much more comfortable.
So I'm experiencing a little buyers remorse but maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, I'll have to give it a chance.

What's done is done anyway, I won't be returning it so it's what we have for the next few years anyway.
 
Once I have everything back in order here and there isn't so much disarray, I might feel better about it.


I did get a coat of paint put on this plate rack I picked up over the weekend.
I plan on using it to house and display My Honey's rolling pins.

Miss H's cousin came to visit over the weekend and she posted some pictures of her with the family.

She got some nice wide shots.

See what I mean? Kids just naturally gravitate towards My Honey.

She posted this great picture of Baby F rocking her new baby aviators!
 
Miss H got this ball pit for Baby F and Miss Z was loving it too. 
It's so nice that they are so close in age and will always have each other.

I picked up a couple new feather pillows and Paddington was keeping an eye on them for me!
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment