Friday 12 April 2019

Birthday Dinner for Miss M (April 7, 2019)

My Honey was dedicated and got up and worked out this morning.
I didn't, instead I made a coffee, grabbed my book and headed for the bath tub.
I had a nice long, hot bath and my aching body thanked me for it.

Miss H posted this cute picture of she & Baby F - just look a that giant smile.
Love, love, love!!!

After my bath, I got out the sewing machine and the material I'd picked up to make curtains for my craft room.
I took apart one of my old couch covers to use as backing but it wasn't enough for both panels so I just sewed them without a back.
It took much longer than I expected.

I like how they turned out - feels much more girlie in there now.

BN dropped off my lantern that he picked up for me and I love it just as much as when I saw it at the store the other day.

The living room is back to the way it was before and I got most of my decor unpacked and found a place for it.

Not sure if it will all stay where it is, but it's good for now.

I picked up this table cloth at Target in Miami for cheap and it's slightly too short but I still like it.
The colors match with the rest of the place perfectly.
Paddington approves apparently.

We were having everyone over to celebrate my niece's birthday which was actually on Mar.29 so My Honey slow cooked a pork then smoked it in his smoker all day today.
He also made hash brown casserole and baked beans.

Before we knew it, it was supper time and everyone was arriving.

I think Mr H is getting ready to jump or box or something.

Baby F doesn't look very impressed with Miss A's story telling.
Ha ha.

Everyone was happy with what we made for supper.

Except Mr H who didn't like it and wanted "white" soup instead (which is cream of mushroom).
So I made him some.

My niece and her dad.
I can't believe she is 20 years old.
Seems like she was just a little girl and now she has turned into one of the most responsible adults I know.
She is super good at "adulting" and I am super proud of her.

My boy.

My SIL and my brother.

There are only 8 chairs at the table so we had to take turns eating and Miss A was one of the first to finish and pass her chair over to the next person.

Baby F really wanted some too.
She got a hold of her mom's sandwich and just about had it in her mouth.

I was laughing about it and she gave me this look.

The strawberry custard pie didn't set up as well as we'd hoped.

It tasted absolutely spectacular though.

Everyone had some.

I love having the family over.

Hanging with her daddy.

What a little doll she is.

Mr T joined us for supper too - he didn't stay long but at least he came.

She wasn't sure what to think of the puppet.

Mom and her boys.

Joined now by Miss M.

Time to go home.
Her little sweater is so cute.

Paddington isn't crazy about my new blanket, especially when My Honey puts it on him like a lion's mane.

It was a nice visit with everyone and I got most of my To Do list completed so it was a great weekend.
I'd love to have another Sunday to just lounge around and relax but I feel good knowing I don't have much left to do before the visit.

Miss H posted this after they got home.

She's got a mischievous twinkle in her eye!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment