Thursday 4 April 2019

Right Back Into the Swing of Things (Feb.27, 2019)

Even though I went to bed nice and early, I was still fairly tired in the morning.
My Honey got up and worked out but I couldn't bring myself to get up to do it.

I weighed in when I got to work.
I didn't think I did as bad in Miami as I normally do so this was a bit shocking to see.
 
I spent most of the morning catching up on emails - I had a lot to go through.
 
I stopped to pick up some lunch from the store.
They had spaghetti so I got one and shared it with mom.
Got caught up on some Counting On at lunch while I ate.
 
Work was more of the same this afternoon - catch up.
They went live with the new load files in our database while I was away so lots of issues have popped up that I need to get corrected.
 
When I got home, I unpacked and then I figured I'd get a couple more signs made.
I had already got the stencils cut before I left to Miami so I just had to weed them and transfer them onto the boards.
 
I decided to go with a blue for this one.
 
It may not suit everyone's décor but I like it.

This one I did grey at first but it didn't seem dark enough so then I added black. 
 

I don't know if this happened because I added the black but when I peeled off the stencil, it peeled off a lot of the black paint too.
I did scrape some more of it off thinking I could salvage it.
I thought if I got all the black off, then I could outline the letters with black so they would pop.
It took a lot of time trying to lift off the black that was still on the letters though and some of the white got scraped off in a few spots so I'm not sure what I will do.
 
I may just paint over the whole thing with black and start over.
 
I thought My Honey had headed to curling straight from work but he texted me after 9 pm to say that he was still at work and probably would still be a little bit.
 
I waited up until around 11:30 but he still wasn't home so I went to bed and tried to get some sleep.
I mostly just laid in bed though until he finally got home around 2 am.
Poor guy, first day back at work and it was a doozie.
He must be so exhausted!
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment