Friday 12 April 2019

Professor Snuggles Had a Rough Night (Mar.31, 2019)

I woke up during the night last night because I could hear scratching at the window screen in our room.
 
I didn't think much of it because I was kind of half asleep and sometimes Snuggles sits there on the window sill so it didn't seem strange.
 
I kept hearing it though and then it occurred to me that Snuggles wasn't in the room with us and I had shut our bedroom door so it couldn't be him at the window.
 
I got out of bed and opened the curtain and there was a cat hanging off the screen on the outside of the house.
 
He kind of fell down to the table below then jumped back up again and was just hanging there and it was hard to tell because it was dark (3:30 am) but it looked like Snuggles.
 
So My Honey went out to the back door and opened it and sure enough, Snuggles came running in.
OMG.
He must have gotten out when I got home last night so he was out there for close to 5 hours.
I felt so awful.
There are coyotes around and if one of them had gotten him I would have been devastated.
 
He laid down at the foot of our bed and he didn't move from there for hours.
I think it was quite the ordeal for him and he was happy to be back in the house.
 
I slept in until 9 am this morning, holy heck!
That is unusual for me but I think I was tired.
 
I got up and made a coffee and mom was making herself some breakfast so I asked her if she wanted to watch a movie.
 
I searched Netflix for something to watch and we settled on Christopher Robin.
It was really good - I think we both enjoyed it.
 
After the movie, I got busy getting some things knocked of my to do list.
I got the laundry started and worked on getting the rest of the things I'd pulled out of the cupboards but away.

Looks like Paddington approves of the new bath mat I bought.
 
My Honey was cooking lunch for the folks out at work today as he does every Sunday that he works.
He tried bacon wrapped potatoes.

This pulled pork is making my mouth water.
I wish I was out there for lunch.
Instead I had left overs.
 
I got a few coats put on this sofa table.

I got this picture hung in my craft room.
 
I worked hard all day long - I got lot of things done that I wanted so it felt great.
 
By the time 6:30 rolled around, I was exhausted.
 
I decided to have a bath and grabbed my new book that My Honey picked up for me so I could just veg out and read a bit.
 
My Honey got home just as I was getting out of the tub.
I didn't make any supper because I knew he'd eaten, instead, I just had a peanut butter sandwich.

My Honey did have the Rosemary Blue Cheese Tart I'd picked up for him when he got home.
I couldn't bring myself to try it - the smell of the blue cheese was overwhelming.
I can take it in small doses but I find the odor really hard to get past.
 
We hit the hay fairly early, I want to make sure that I get up and work out in the morning so I want to be well rested - no excuses.
 
This looks pretty bad but I put my fitbit on the charger last night and I forgot to put it back on today.
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment