Monday 8 April 2019

Post Modern Jukebox at the Winspear (Mar.10, 2019)

We had a pretty good sleep in this morning.
We were both confused by the time in the morning because our phones said one thing and the clock in the room said another.
Turns out the time changed last night - I usually know when it's going to happen but I was completely oblivious to it this time.
So we lost an hour but oh well, it will start to be light out later now.

My Honey went to the gym in the hotel and worked out and I stayed in the room and watched Mary Poppins.
I forgot how much I love that movie.

We went to Tim Horton's for our usual breakfast.

Such a good boy for getting a work out in this morning.
If only I could be that dedicated.

We looked at a few vehicles - my son needs one so we just wanted to see what was available.

This one had low mileage but I think it's a bit small.

This one I think my son would like but it's a standard and I'm not sure if he can drive a standard.

We went to Ikea in the South Common so I could get the curtains that I'd looked at last time I was there.
I carried them around with me that whole time and decided at the last minute that I didn't need them and put them back.
Now I want them but they are all gone.
I was bummed but I ended up finding some really nice material there instead so I picked up 5 meters of it and I'm going to make a set of curtains myself.

Since we were down in the area, we went to this place that was on the list of Best Burger places in Canada.

I hummed and hawed between the BJ Burger and the Donair Burger but ultimately chose the BJ Burger.
My Honey went for the Blue Cheese burger.
The article I read talked about the Cauliflower Bites so I ordered those too and we got the Root Vegetable fries too.

We had to wait a little bit which to me means they are making the food fresh so we didn't mind.

The appetizers were good, they came with lots of dip too which was great.

I love how they present the burger.
This was mine.
It was easy to squish down and eat and it was really good.

My Honey's burger looked really good.
They were very generous with the blue cheese.


We didn't really have any other plans so we kind of drove around.
This song came on and I want to download it later so had to grab a picture to remember.

We went to the Italian Market downtown - couldn't find a spot near it so parked a block away.
We shopped there for a bit then walked over to the Lucky 97 Market on 97th street and wandered around the store there for a bit.
It was such a gorgeous day out.
There was a bit of a chill in the air but definitely felt like spring was in the air.

We were nearby this Thai place we'd been too before so decided to go there for supper.
It's been taken over by new owners but I guess they are related.

It's very clean and tidy in there.

I love the decor that you find in most thai places.

They had shrimp, cream cheese & avocado in wonton wraps so we tried those.
They were good.

My Honey ordered the coconut soup but it ended up being a huge bowl so we shared.
I would have preferred it to be sweeter but it was good.

The pad thai was what I was there for.
I was craving it and it was delicious.
I couldn't eat a lot though so we ended up taking lots of leftovers with us.

We had tickets to a show at the Winspear tonight to see Postmodern Jukebox.
I got them for My Honey for Christmas.
He is in to them - I wasn't sure what to expect but figured it would be good from what he's shown me of them.



It was only 6 pm at this point but since we were already in the area we just kind of drove around for a bit.
There are some really nice murals in downtown Edmonton.
Eventually we found a place to park and just hung out in the truck until showtime.

It was our first time ever being in the Winspear Center.
This is where the Edmonton Symphony plays.

It's a nice building inside.
I like the carousel animals they had on display.

I like how the seats are set up in there too.
I don't think there is a bad seat in the house really.

We were on the first balcony in the second row.
We had a great view.

The show got started.

They take modern songs and "twentify" them so they sound like songs from the 20's.
20's 2.0 they call it.

The singers all had amazing voices.
This is Robyn Adele, she is the original singer for the group so has been with them from the beginning.

There were 2 male and 2 female singers.
There was also the band and a dancer.

The girls did so many costume changes and I just loved all the outfits they wore.

The dancer tapped for this whole number - she was fun to watch.

Another costume change.

This dress was amazing.
She lifted up the sides and the design on the white part was beautiful.
I hoped she would do it again so that I could grab a picture but no luck.

This is Dani Armstrong and OMB, what a power house voice she had.
She was amazing.
She did versions of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance and Brittany Spears Toxic that were amazing.
Every song she did was amazing.

I loved that dress, it was awesome.

This is Robyn Adele again and I forget the guys name but he was a winner of a talent contest they did.
His voice was amazing too.
He had such great control over it.
They did a version of Sam Smith's Say Something and I loved it.

The dancer kept changing costumes too.

She was a lot of fun to watch.

All in all, there were four singers, the dancer and the band.

It was such a fantastic show.
I'd go see it again in a minute.

They did a group version of Megan Trainor's All About the Base at the end and I think it was my favorite.
I'm so glad we got to see it.

After the show, we headed back to the room.

Back home the kids put on a skating show today.
I'm bummed we missed it.
Here is Miss A and her friends waiting to go on and perform.

Miss Z was in it too - didn't they have the cutest costumes.

She went over to play with Baby F for a bit and Miss H posted this picture.
Baby F just has her eye on Miss Z constantly, she loves her.

My sweet girl.

Miss H posted that she liked this so good to know.
I'll file this away until her birthday or Christmas.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment