Saturday 19 January 2019

Tenacious D Concert (Dec.11, 2018)

I planned on working through lunch today so I left the house extra early to give myself enough time to stop at the store and get myself some breakfast and something for lunch.

I also hauled a giant parcel for my sister down to the office to get it ready to send out.
I was trying to see if Canada Post or a courier would be cheaper so I needed to weigh it and measure it.
It ended up weighing 46 lbs!!!
We could have just sent her money and gift cards but that's no fun.
We wanted to make sure her and the boys had gifts to open on Christmas day.

The courier won out because it was faster - the cost was about the same.
She should have it by Dec.18 which is awesome!!!

I worked right through lunch and the afternoon seemed to fly right by.
I'm still not finished my month end reports but at least I've run everything, now I just need to copy and cut and paste and put everything together.

I picked Miss M up first.
Her mom bought her the tickets for the concert tonight and she invited Miss H to go with her.
My son wanted to go with them and he got off work in time so I checked online to see if I could get him a ticket and I was able to.
Luckily there is no assigned seating so they will all be able to stay together.

We stopped by my son's next.
They drove their own vehicle as far as Barrhead and dropped Baby F off at her great grandmother's who offered to watch her for the concert goer's.

She needed to be fed first so while Miss H was doing that, the rest of us went and got some supper at KFC.


God do I ever love that face!

They were pretty quick with our food for once.


We picked Miss H up and we were on our way.


They were seeing Tenacious D at the Shaw Conference Center and the opening act was going on at 6:30.
We ended up being about 15 minutes late but the headliner wasn't on until 8:30 so all was good.
I really like Jack Black and might have enjoyed the concert myself but I had some shopping to do so after I dropped them off, that's where I headed.

I needed something to go with my gift for our work party tomorrow and I also needed ingredients to make pyrogies as that is the dish I am bringing.
My Honey is going to make them for me in the morning as I'll likely be getting home way too late.

I shopped around a few stores then when they closed, I headed back downtown and found a place to park not far from the conference center and waited for the show to be over.
My Honey was texting and sent me this picture.
Bless him, he got the tree put up all by himself.
He said Paddington just went crazy when he brought it in, he was super excited, thought it was one big giant blade of grass.

It looks like a nice tree too - I'm not sure about the spot it is in, we may have to reconsider but at least it's up, it can settle out then tomorrow night I can go ahead and decorate it.

It didn't seem like it was that long before I started seeing large groups of people which I figured meant that the concert was done.

It was but it took a bit before my passengers made it back to the car.
They had gotten split up and it took a while for them to find each other.

The girls had tried to make their way up front so they could see better.
They are both short so they couldn't see anything.
They weren't able to make it though but in spite of not really being able to see the stage, they did enjoy the show.

We got on the road right away - made a quick stop in Stony Plain for Tim Horton's and McDonald's.

We dropped my son and Miss H off in Barrhead where they were staying the night.
No need to make the baby get up and travel at night.

Then Miss M and I continued on our way.
The roads were nice and clear and so was the weather so it wasn't a bad drive.
I was a little tired.
We did see a big deer on the side of the road then two huge moose so I was driving slower and being extra cautious.

It was about 2 am when I dropped Miss M off.
I hauled my buys into the house, put the groceries away that I'd picked up and headed straight to bed.
I am going to be so tired in the morning but it was worth it to spend time with the kids and to know they got there and back safely.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment