Saturday 19 January 2019

Birthday Supper for My Bro! (Nov.30, 2018)

It's Friday!!!
My favorite day of the week because I have the whole weekend to look forward to.


Weighed in at 266.2 this morning.
Work was busy as usual this morning.

Someone brought in Tim Horton's muffins so I had a pumpkin spice filled with cream cheese for coffee break.

At lunch I tried to get a bit of cleaning, organizing and decorating done.
I invited my family over for supper so I know I won't be getting too much of that done tonight.

My Honey was busy making lasagna for supper and it smelled so delicious.
I can hardly wait to have some tonight.

Back at the office this afternoon I did some decorating out front.
BH & SG had put up the tree earlier in the week and I was too busy to help so I said I'd finish up with some of the garlands.
The office is looking nice and festive now.



I hung out after work a bit and chatted with SV & BH a bit longer than planned so when I got home, some of our dinner guests had already arrived.
Miss H was watching her little sister Z so she came with her.

When I walked in the house, she was helping My Honey decorate the birthday cake for my brother.

She was very intent on doing a good job!

She is the sweetest little girl, always pleasant and happy.
She's a joy to have around.


Proud of her work!

Soon after, my other brother arrived with his honey and the kiddos.


I made a couple of batches of salt dough and got out the cookie cutters so everyone got started on that.


It was nice to actually do an activity with everyone.


I think they all liked it too.

Miss A was rocking a new beanie and this oh so cute Christmas Penguin sweater.

I wanted to do a handprint ornament with Baby F - I thought we could start doing them then do one each year as she grows up, but the dough was too tough to push her hand print into.
So I will need to come up with an alternate plan for that.


We got all the ornaments into the oven then we got to supper.


My Honey made a couple pans of lasagna.


The lasagna tasted even better than it smelled and we had cheesy garlic toast to go with it, who doesn't love that?

Safe to say we are a lasagna loving family.

Well, this guy might be the exception - unless it's "white" soup, there's no guarantee that he will eat it.
White Soup = Cream of Mushroom soup.

My boy didn't need any convincing though, he was eating it right up.

The birthday boy with My Honey.

Another lasagna fan.

The kiddos helped get the candles on the cake.

It was a banana sour cream cake that we made for dessert.
We found the recipe on the Kraft website and it's been a go to for our family ever since.
Easy to make and everyone loves it.
We switched it up a bit and used a spice cake mix instead of the yellow it called for but you could hardly even notice.

Kraft Banana Sour Cream Cake

The kids were all about helping Uncle R blow out the candles.

They were all about eating it too - as usual, it was a hit.

Everyone hung out for the evening and it was just lovely.

Baby F likes to be held like this so she can see what's going on.

Having a chat with her daddy.

The girls.

Baby F got passed around a little bit.

Mr H was so proud when it was his turn.

Baby F seemed to enjoy sitting with him too.

Until she heard her Auntie Z and now she's trying to see what she's doing next to her.

I tried to get a nice picture of Miss Z but she's very busy so I couldn't get her to sit still.

My SIL, Miss M got her turn in holding Baby F.

Of course Grandma (me) had to cuddle with the sweet girl.

Mom had been in the city and she got home in time to spend time with everyone.



Mom made sure to get her turn in holding Baby F as well.

After our company went home, My Honey and I cleaned up and got the kitchen looking all spic and span then we watched a little Christmas short film, Angela's Christmas.
It was cute, I likely wouldn't watch it again though.

Then it was off to bed for us.
We are off to the city in the morning and I want to get an early start.


I need to get this shirt!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment