Sunday 20 January 2019

Shopping Trip with My Beautiful Niece! (Dec.16, 2018)

I was up super early getting ready to head to the city this morning.
I was hoping to get in there early so we could get home early.

My son texted to say that they wouldn't be able to come after all.
He might have to work and Miss H's grandma wouldn't be able to babysit because she was on call for work.
Kind of a bummer because I was looking forward to spending time with them but maybe then can come next Friday when I go.

I picked Miss M up just after 8 am and we were on our way.

Our first stop was at Costco where I started in on shopping for the adopt-a-families.
There are 20 families this year and 22 children.
We normally get one gift for each child then a family gift for each of the families.

I was able to knock a few things off the list there so that was good.

We made a few more stops before heading over to the mall.

We were hungry but got a bit more shopping out of the way before we grabbed a bit to eat at the food court.

My supper was a cinnabon cinnamon roll with cream cheese icing and pecans.
Very delicious but not very nutritious.

Lids was having a buy 2 get 1 free sale so I called My Honey to see what kind of hat he would like.
Turns out he was on the road heading home because they are calling for freezing rain tomorrow and he wanted to get ahead of it.
That was a really nice surprise.
I wasn't expecting him home until tomorrow so that made me happy.

The day was quickly slipping away and so were my hopes of getting home at a decent hour.
I still had to stop at Walmart to finish up the shopping for the adopt-a-families and I knew that would take a little bit.

We had hoped that us girls at the office could take and afternoon and go to WCT to do it but we only got our list late in the day Friday and it needs to all be dropped of Tuesday evening at 6.
The two girls are still off on Monday and we need to wrap it and everything so we just wouldn't have time.
So I really needed to make sure I got it all done.

By the time we finished, my truck was just loaded to the gills.
It's probably best that my son and Miss H weren't able to make it because we just wouldn't have had any room.

We were on the road at 6:40 so it could have been worse.
We stopped in Westlock so I could clean the truck lights and we got some McDonald's.

It was 8:40 when we pulled into town so we made pretty good time.
We got my niece dropped off and all of her buys hauled into her place but all of the stuff I picked up I just left in the truck.
Most of it goes to the office anyway so I really don't want to be moving it all around twice.

My Honey was home when I got there and I was happy to see him!
He and Paddington were doing some research on the laptop.
It was late so I only got to visit with him for a short time before I hit the hay.

I heard this song on the way home in the truck and really liked it!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment