Thursday 17 January 2019

Conference at FantasyLand! (Nov.26, 2018)

The conference was scheduled to start at 8 am and they had breakfast from 7 - 8.

I headed there early, grabbed a picture of more of the Western themed stuff on my floor on my way.

I got there around 7:30.

The hold the conference in the Fantasy Land Conference rooms and you can look out into the mall itself.

This particular part looks like little shop windows.
I think it looks really charming.
I always used to wonder what was up here when I'd look at from down in the mall.

I always like the first morning because they have BACON!!!
I took quite a bit and even after I was full, continued to eat because I didn't want to throw it away.

I sat with our Area W chairman (NR) and our alternate Chairman (JZ) then a couple of fellows who work for the environmental group in my company but for different Coop Areas within WCSS sat with us also (AH & MK).

We have a new president this year and a new equipment coordinator so it my first time meeting them.

Lunch was really good - they've been having Indian food the last few years and I don't really like it.

I always find the conference really interesting and although I was tired, the day went by pretty quickly.

The late afternoon snacks helped!

They always give us Honorarium and this year it was a shirt.
They also brought a bunch of stuff they had left over from years past and told us to take whatever we wanted.
So I picked out a few things to take back for our Steering Committee members.
They helped out a bunch this year and I wanted to give them a token of appreciation for that.

My shirt did not fit so I sent it back with AG and she is going to order a larger size for me.
That happened for a lot of people, the shirts ran very small.



After the conference, I took the box of honorarium out to my truck then went back for the social they always hold.
I usually always skipped them but the past few years have been making an effort to go.
They had finger foods for us and Santa came to see the kiddos - that is always fun to watch.


I did run out to the mall afterwards, I headed down to the Hallmark store to see if they'd gotten any Grand-daughter ornaments in yet.
They had gotten 4 in and I was 5 on the list so bummer for me.
They said they would sell me the display but I couldn't have it today.

I was kind of annoyed because I don't really want to come back but at least I am going to get one.

I left there and went to a store near by and they called me about 10 minutes later from Hallmark to say they'd found more ornaments so I was able to get one after all.

I looked around some more, didn't buy much.

I did find this cute little tablecloth.
My niece needs a tree skirt and her colors are grey, white and red so thought this might work since I couldn't find an actual tree skirt.

Then I got myself a pretzel for supper and frozen yogurt with all the toppings for dessert.



Took it back to my room and watched tv and ate it.

I planned on going to sleep earlier and did so, but not much earlier, I called it a night at 11.

Isn't this just the cutest thing ever?

So close!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment