Tuesday 15 January 2019

Back to The Grind (Nov.20, 2018)

I wanted to get up and get to work on time but when 6 am rolled around, there was just no way I could get up, I was exhausted.
So I slept in a bit and went in to work an hour late.
I'll stay late and make up for it.

I weighed in first thing and it wasn't good.
Hopefully it will drop quickly - I know my feet are swollen, they are feeling really tight.

I got to work right away - my desk wasn't as overrun as I was expecting.
I did have lots of emails to get through though but I just started plucking away at it first thing.

We had coffee break and it was nice to catch up with the girls.
I've only been gone a couple of days but lots can happen in just a short time.
Nothing major did though - most times that is a good thing.

I went home for lunch and had a salad.
I'd picked up chicken breast last night and My Honey had cooked it up for me - He isn't back to work until tomorrow so he is puttering around the house today getting stuff done.
I wolfed down my salad and got back to the office as quick as I could for a meeting.
I got back on time to find out the meeting had been cancelled.

This afternoon, us girls and TH were discussing moving desks and offices around.
TH is going to get a crew arranged for us for Thursday so we were measuring and deciding things.

I think I'm going to finally switch out my desk with a newer one.
I have an old desk and it's nice and big and roomy but the drawers won't stay closed so I keep knocking into them.

I worked late to make up for coming in late then when I got home, My Honey had supper ready.
He made black beans, rice, shrimp and broccoli.
It was tasty.
I also had some snacks today - not quite back to clean eating but working on it.

I wanted to get a few things done tonight so I got to work.
I unpacked my suitcase, put things away.

Then I worked on my wooden trees a bit.
 

I sanded some of them down - I only did two tree sets as I'm not sure which way I like better.

I got the starts painted for the trees and got started on the trunks.
 

I just use these surveying stakes and they work perfectly.
 
I also got the stars for the trees all painted.
 
The only thing I didn't get to was blogging - I am so behind but it's just a self assigned project so I am not going to let myself stress over it.
It will get done eventually.

I also didn't get over to visit Baby F but I will do that tomorrow.
 
I watched an episode of 7 Little Johnstons then we started watching an issue of Food Paradise but I was falling asleep so I just gave up and headed to bed.

Of course once I got there - my mind just started going.
I was looking at signs on Pinterest to see how to make them then all these ideas kept popping in my head afterwards.
I was thinking about all kinds of stuff and couldn't turn it off so it was a LOOOONG time before I finally fell asleep.

Just a few laughs for today.

Aww! Get this guy some more right away.

I can relate.

Ha ha.

I have a Ford and I love it but I can still appreciate the humor in this.

Ours usually erupted into huge fights over which shows to watch but I still miss those days just hanging out with my brothers and sister.
 
 
This sure looks different now that we are home.
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment