Saturday 19 January 2019

Skating Lessons (Dec.3, 2018)

Back to work today - if only the weekends were just one day longer! 😁

Weigh in wasn't very good.

SG had the day off today so I worked out at the front desk, I will be doing the same again tomorrow.

I don't mind doing that every now and then, it's a nice change and it's looking nice and festive out here too.
We got a new angel for the top of our tree at work and she matches much better than the one we had before.
We just got her on which is no easy feat on this super tall tree.

More treats are showing up on the table in our back kitchen here where we have coffee break.
Someone brought in the chocolate covered cookies that come out at Christmas time and I indulged in a couple.

For lunch I warmed up some lasagna and it was so yummy.
I had to do a few errands so my lunch was short.

My plan was to get lots of decorating done tonight but that didn't go as planned.
I started into it right away as soon as I got home.
Then I stopped for supper.

My Honey had made trout, baby carrots and mashed potatoes for supper.
It was delicious.

After supper, we headed over to the rink to watch Mr H at his skating lessons.

It was only his third time.

He was having a great time but he wasn't really paying attention to the instructor, he was just doing his own thing.

Miss A was there and he could see her from the ice so kept skating over to where we were.

My son and his honey and Baby F were there too which was a nice bonus.
Her little sister is taking the lessons as well so she had brought her over.
Miss H used to be a figure skater herself and they asked her to help out so while she couldn't tonight, she is considering it.

Of course she was in her usual position, facing out from whoever is holding her so she can see what's going on.

Baby F saying hi to Miss A.

It was a little chilly out in the rink so we had to get a blanket to bundle her up.

We actually decided to move into the cafeteria area because it was warmer and we were hoping it would allow Mr H to focus on the lesson more.

Watching the action.

My brother and his honey and Miss A were there so it was like a whole impromptu family get together.
It was nice.

We waited to say hi to Mr H when he got off the ice.

After the skating lessons, My Honey, mom and I drove around our little town to look at the Christmas lights.
Some people go all out and I love it.

After our Christmas light tour, we stopped at the store for a few things.
We ran into my niece, Miss M there.
She'd just gotten off work and was grabbing groceries so we were able to give her a ride home.

When I got home, it was much later than expected.
I got back at decorating but I didn't get very much accomplished before it was time to go to bed.

I have a massage tomorrow night but I'm going to try to get more done.
I think I'm going to scale things back a bit this year anyway.

This memory popped up on Facebook.
This was taken on our Christmas Trip to NYC when I'd lost a bit of weight and I was feeling so good.
Proof that I can do it - it's just up to me.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment