Wednesday 23 January 2019

Christmas Day is Here! (Dec.25, 2018)

I woke up super early this morning - guess some of that childhood excitement for Christmas still exists within me.
My brother was going to call when they got up so we could go over and watch the kids open their gifts but they hadn't called yet so I made myself a coffee and looked at Facebook.

Miss H had posted some pictures of their Christmas shenanigans over at her mom's.

Baby F with her Auntie Z!

With her great grandma - she is just snuggle right in there!

The girls with Miss H's grandparents.

Miss H's family from BH came so they all hung out together for the evening.

Opening some presents.

Baby F and her mama.

Beautiful Miss H.

Silly picture.

In her Christmas jammies.

This was from the night before - I just love this outfit.

Just look at those gorgeous lips.
Such a sleeping beauty!

Things were pretty quiet here Christmas morning.

I was enjoying my Christmas decorations again.
I'm not sure where we are going yet but we'll be heading out later today so it's kind of my last chance to enjoy it.

I'm really pleased with how it looks.

Finally I got a text from my SIL that they were up so My Honey, my mom and I headed over.
We picked up my niece on the way.

Looks like the guy in the big red suit has been here!

Some people look like they are still partially asleep.

We got right to business opening stocking gifts.

Mr H had his dad helping him.

More bath bombs!

Miss A got some lip gloss in this cool case.

Then we moved onto the bigger stuff.

My brother & his family got My Honey & I this cute penguin that sings and dances.

Miss A got a kitty cat that is filled with kittens.

You can get anywhere from 3 - 6 kittens and she lucked out and got 6 of them.

Mr H got an awesome Paw Patrol fire truck.

My SIL handed out all the presents to everyone.

Miss A's grandma (SIL's mom) made her this beautiful blanket.

Mr H wanted My Honey to go with him everywhere he went.

We finished opening up presents then we headed back over to my place and let these guys clean up and get dressed and stuff.

My Honey had to be to work for 11 am so he needed to get ready to go.
Before he left, he let me open my gift which I already knew was a trip, I just didn't know where to.
Seattle!!!
I'm excited, plus we don't leave until lunch tomorrow so I won't feel rushed trying to get out of here tonight.

We brought all the "Stockings" upstairs for everyone.
We just use gift bags instead of actual stockings, it's much easier.

My Honey opened some of his before he left for work.

Miss M opened hers too.

I wouldn't let her open anymore until everyone else arrived so she with Paddington instead.

He enjoyed every moment (so did she)!

This lady did such an awesome job of getting everything wrapped.
I appreciated it so much - more than she could possibly know.

My brother arrived soon after we got home.

I wanted to wait until everyone got there and have them bring up their own presents but mom convinced Miss M and I to go down and start bring stuff up.

Totally laying where he shouldn't be!

Finally everyone started showing up and we totally got into opening the gifts.

Even convinced Mr T to come join us.

Part of the fun for me is watching everyone else open their stuff.

Miss A loaded up on Ty stuffies this year.

My boy and his family arrived.

They started right in on opening gifts.

I volunteered to hold Baby F.
She was all decked out in her Christmas jammies and looking so sweet.

Selfie with Grandma.

Miss A got a unicorn headband and tried on Baby F.

I think she was kind of digging it.

Grandma (me) got her a new little blankie/stuffie.

She was hanging on to it too.

Mom enjoys just watching everyone same as I do.

My brother got a great Montreal hat.

Socks - who doesn't love getting socks?

He got tired of opening gifts and moved onto eating chocolate for a bit.

He's trying to figure something out over there, not sure what.

Mom took a turn holding baby.

Helping dad open his present.

He got more bath bombs and he just could not wait to try them out so I let him have a quick bath.
Note the blue water - he was a happy kid.

My boy got a new hard hat to protect his noggin.

He really likes it!

He got a DragonBall Z hat from Miss M too - he's a big fan.
She wasn't sure if he'd wear it because of the colors but he put it on right away.

She was into trying to pull the paper off.

The gift opening continues.

This is where Paddington spent the day after everyone showed up.

After we finished opening gifts, everyone went home to rest and shower and change.
My Honey got home just after 3 and he took care of making supper.
I cleaned up the house and myself then around 5 or so, everyone came back for supper.

It was nice to just hang out with everyone.
My SIL's mom was visiting from BC so she joined us as well.

My boy and his family.

Teaching her early which team to root for!

Go Leafs Go!

More selfies with Grandma.

That serious face though!

We had supper and it was delicious.

Then we played a few games.

We got SpeakEasy and Miss A was testing it out.

My brother is still rocking his Montreal Canadiens hat over there.

My mom bought My Honey a really nice book and he was having a look at it.

Everyone was starting to get tired, Baby F looks like she's almost asleep.
So everyone headed home not too much later.

We cleaned up the supper dishes and I packed for our trip before we headed to bed ourselves.
It was a very nice day spent with people that I love - I couldn't ask for anything more and am so grateful.

Tomorrow we are heading out on an adventure and life if just wonderful.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment