Saturday 19 January 2019

Throwback to Christmas Past. (Dec.4, 2018)

I worked out front at reception again today.
I like being out there and seeing everyone but it can be a little distracting sometimes too.
Things pop up that I have to deal with so it takes away from my own work but it is a nice change every now and then.

My Honey took his truck to WCT for a service so he wasn't there when I went home for lunch.
I ate pretty quickly then headed back to the office.

I ended up forgetting my phone at home and knew I had a massage booked for tonight but couldn't remember when.
I tried calling her but didn't get any answer so then I had SV text her for me.

While waiting to hear back, I went looking for some files and gas cards from my old desk.
I still have a couple boxes left to unpack of things from my old desk but I looked all through them and what I needed just wasn't in there.

Then it dawned on me that I must have left some stuff in one of the drawers. The desks were taken out to the dump and luckily it was open today so I hopped in my truck and headed over there.

I got them to let me go in and look for the desk in the wood pile but I couldn't see it any where.
Everything was covered in snow but it was quite a big desk and we threw away two of them so I figured I'd at least see the shape.

Of course I didn't have my phone with me so I drove back to the office and got CO to call WL&S which is the contractors we hired to come and take the stuff to the dump.

Turns out they took it to the burn pile at our Warehouse.  CO said he was going to burn it last week but had changed his mind, Phew!
I called the warehouse guy and asked him if he could go out and have a look in the desk for me.
About 45 minutes later he came walking in the office with a box full of goodies for me.
They were soaked and covered in snow but at least I got them back.
I consider it my lucky day.

Then right at 3:55 pm, SV heard back from my massage therapist and my appointment was at 4:00 pm.
Yikes!
I rushed right up there and only ended up being 5 minutes late so not too shabby!

We chatted for a bit before hand and she asked if I minded her using stones on my tonight.
Of course I did not, in fact, I was excited about it.

The massage was wonderful as always.

I got home at a decent time too and right away I got busy decorating.
I was pulling things out and hanging things up.

I watched 7 Little Johnston's and The Little Couple while I was working away at it.
I didn't get done but I'm not going to stress about it.
I have the whole weekend to work on it and I know I'll get it done then.

My Honey was busy baking bread and he made sandwiches for supper - they were really good too.

I helped him finish up the stands on the wooden trees that I made.
I just need to add buttons now then they will be all done!

So just to touch on something that's been going on in the news the past day or two, the whole "Baby It's Cold Outside" song controversy.
It started with some radio station in Ohio or something pulling the song because of the #metoo movement and now Bell and Rogers have jumped on the band wagon and pulled it too.

Not that I am against the #metoo movement, I'm not, but really?
It's a song from the 40's, a song that I love.

I never once thought that there was anything wrong with the lyrics.
You can make just about anything sound sexually suggestive if you want too.

I see the news on social media and I read all the comments and most of the commenters agree with me and think it's absolutely ridiculous that the song is being banned yet these stations and companies are sticking to their guns. 

I'm just so tired of a small portion of the population being offended over every little thing then the rest of us have to suffer the consequences.
Mind you, as far as the song goes, it isn't dire consequences, I can listen to it any time I choose but it just never stops. 

Each little thing like this leads to another then another, pretty soon everything will be banned.
What about if something is offensive, turn the station?
Do us folks who aren't offended by every little thing get a say - how do we stop this thing from snowballing more than it already has?

Anyway, that was just a little side rant of mine - things are getting out of hand and it really bothers me.

I had a pretty bad headache by the end of the night.
It happens after I get a massage sometimes, not sure why.
I just took some ibuprofen, drank lots of water and headed to bed.

I didn't take any pictures at all today so instead, enjoy these throwback pictures from Christmas past.

My brothers and I with my mom.
We were all looking so young.

Photobomb!

Now my son and my cousin T have joined the picture.

My boy and I.

I love him so much!

My little baby boy is now taller than me.

He is so silly and goofy sometimes - I love it!

He really has brought me so much joy.

Miss T and her little boy.

Digger.

Digger got a new coat for Christmas and it's awesome.

Awww, my neice Miss M is still just a baby here.

Present time.

Miss T liked hers.

Christmas morning at my place.

Mr Jones - this was the first Christmas we had him.

Snuggling up to Uncle R.

Loving her new shirt.

Wouldn't just freak out the kids - I'd be pretty freaked out too.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment