Friday 25 January 2019

Seattle Trip Day Two (Dec.27, 2018)

My Honey had a car rental booked for this morning in kind of a neighbouring suburb so we grabbed an Uber first thing this morning and headed over there.
It was a our very first time using an Uber and we liked it.
 
After getting the car at the rental spot, we just left it parked and found a place to grab a coffee. 

I had an iced coffee - it was strong but good.

We also had this little chicken pie thing.
It was spicy chicken inside of a dough and it was ok.

There was a nice little courtyard area so we walked around and checked it out.

They had a carousel there.

The Christmas decorations were all still up.

They even had this little ice rink there.

It wasn't really ice, it was these squares that connected together.
I've never seen ice like that before.

There was a bakery there so of course we had to check it out.

I just had to try the marionbarry creamcheese croissant.

My Honey opted for the Apricot creamcheese brioche.

I just love anything with cream cheese in it.

My Honey's choice had cream cheese in it so I liked it too.
 
There just happened to be a cookie place right next to the bakery and they were baking them so the aroma was wafting out of the place and it smelled so delicious that we just had to try it.
They were some of the most delicious chocolate chip cookies I've ever tasted.
Chewy and warm and full of chocolate.
So delightful!
I was thinking about them all week and figured I'd get another when we returned the car but they were closed.
Bummer!
 
We left there and kind of just drove around because we didn't really have an agenda.
We saw a costume store so stopped in to check it out.
They had a lot of cool stuff in there.

Including these funky shoes with the goldfish in the heals.
(I convinced My Honey to try them on and he did)

Seattle is know for it's Teriyaki and we saw a place just next door so we figured now was as good a time as any to check it out so over we went.

It was super good.
They also had a huge pot of miso soup that you could help yourself to and it was delicious as well.
They had green onions to go with and I just loaded up!

Just a random gas station we passed that had these cool bear statues. 
 
Since we didn't have much planned, I found the nearest Hobby Lobby and off we went.

I was so excited.
I just love Hobby Lobby.
It's kind of hard because I want to buy up the whole store but I have to be careful because I can only take back so much in my suitcase.
We did bring separate suitcases in anticipation of me doing some shopping and mine was nearly empty so I had some room.
I picked up a few signs then I pulled myself out of there.
 
We looked up a place for supper and My Honey wanted to try Katsu Burger and it wasn't that far away so off we went.

We tried the Tokyo Classic Burger, we also tried the Banzai bites.
 

The menu board.
Looking back now, I wish we'd tried the fries.
 

It's a funky place.

Lots of cool artwork.

Excited to try it out.

It was crazy busy and super crowded.
That usually means it's good though so I was ok with that.

We had the pork banzai bites and they were good.
We didn't get any dip but in hindsight, I think we maybe should have.
 
The burger is coated and deepfried.
My Honey thought it was just ok but I really liked it.
I'd for sure go back.
 
After we ate, we found there was a movie theater right near by so we went to a movie.
Tonight was my choice and I picked Mary Poppins Returns.

It was one of the best movies I've seen in forever.
I just loved it so much.
I'd go see it again tomorrow!
 
It was a great day, mainly we just wandered around, did some shopping, some eating and saw a good show.
I got to spend it with My Honey and it was perfect.
 
We headed back to the hotel after the movie and watched some Forensic Files.
 
OMG - isn't that the truth!
 

Exactly!
This needs to be my new mantra.
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment