Saturday 19 January 2019

Christmas Prep Continues. (Dec.2, 2018)

We were up and checked out at a decent hour this morning.
I had more shopping to get done before we headed home and I wanted to get a good start.

We had our usual breakfast at Tim Horton's and we actually got a booth for once to sit and eat.
That never happens!

I worked on my list of stops I needed to make and we got started right after.
I really wanted to focus on my sister and the boys so I could get it sent off to her sooner rather than later.
I want them to have it in time for Christmas.
We ended up making a few more stops than originally planned and it took longer than expected but I got pretty much everything completed that I wanted to.
The truck was looking pretty full.


We stopped at Famosa for some supper before heading home.


We had the prosciutto wrapped mozza balls - so so good!

I decided to try something different and picked the Abbruzo.
I last minute asked them to add anchovies which I've never had on a pizza before.
I figured now was as good a time as any to give it a try.

While I like anchovies, I found it too overpoweringly salty for my taste.
All you could taste was salt and I thought it was just too much.
So I guess I discovered that anchovies on pizza is not my thing but you'll never know until you try, right?

My Honey stuck with his usual and it was just as good as ever.

Next we stopped at Home Depot and got a Christmas Tree.
They come all wrapped up so you have to kind of guess at what you are getting.
Hopefully it looks good when we open it.

It was snowing pretty hard on the drive home.
One section of highway hadn't been plowed so it was very slow going.
We were figuring on having a very long drive home because the closer we get to home, the worse it usually gets.

Luckily that wasn't the case today.
After Barrhead, the highway to home had been cleared and it got nicer and nicer the closer we got to home so that was a relief.

Driving in bad weather conditions is both physically and mentally exhausting.
We got the truck unloaded and I got everything put away then I sat down for a Christmas movie while My Honey made his Sunday night call to his mom.

I love that he is so good about doing that and they always have really long chats.
What a beautiful thing!


I watched Christmas at Graceland with Kellie Pickler.
It was a cute movie, just what you would expect from a Hallmark Christmas movie.

After that, I was going to go to bed but got a bee in my bonnet suddenly about putting wreaths up on my cupboard so I got that done first.
I got it done and I like it but maybe not as much as I was expecting.

After that, I did go to bed though and I had no trouble at all falling asleep.

Tomorrow I plan on getting as much decorating done as I can - I feel a bit behind and I just want to get it done so I can enjoy it.


A funny for today!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment