Wednesday 16 January 2019

Group Video Chats Are A Thing, A Wonderful Thing! (Nov.22, 2018)

One of the foreman (TH) had booked a crew to come in and help us move desks around the office today and they were scheduled to come around 8 am so I got to work early as usual and tried to get as much done as I could before they arrived.

Once they did arrive, I offered to take the lead role and guide them on what needed to be done.
I thought it would be less hands on than it was but oh well.

When they pulled out my desk, this is how dirty it was in behind there.
A lot of this is dead flies believe it or not - yuck!

I got a new desk in my office, so did SV and SG.  TH completely moved offices all together so it was a lot of work.


I wasn't sure if I like the new desk in my office so spent a long time moving it around in all different configurations until I finally settled on the very original set up.
 
Ha ha - isn't that usually the way things work out?

I was hot and sweaty when we finally finished and I felt like I got a really great work out.
I did hit the 10,000 step mark in the afternoon which was great - I haven't been good at reaching that goal lately (except when on vacation because we always do a ton of walking).
 
I got my office back together somewhat but I still have a few boxes of things that were in my old desk to go through.
I'll get it done bit by bit.

Light up was in town tonight and mom asked if I was going - I think she would have liked to.
I was tired though so sat down and had a peanut butter sandwich for supper.
I'd only had a couple of granola bars so far in the day so I was hungry.

As I was eating and considering going down to light up, I had this really weird ring on my phone.
I picked it up and it was a messenger call.

I answered and then some of my cousins and aunts did too and I could see them all.

I didn't know you could do a group call like that.
It was really funny, none of us seemed to know who'd started the call in the first place but we had a lot of fun.
We said a prayer for my Auntie C who is getting better but still in hospital.
Mom was on her phone and accidentally put on one of the snapchat filters that made her mouth get really big and it just cracked everyone up.
She didn't know how she'd done it and then suddenly she had on this green face mask with cucumber slices over her eyes.
It was hilarious.

I didn't catch her with that filter but here she has another one that is making her lips look all funny.


Then everyone started doing it.

I love my family and we don't get together often enough as far as I'm concerned and this was just like a mini reunion, it was great.

In the end, it kind of looked like my uncle inadvertently started the whole thing without even knowing and he wasn't even on the call.

What a wonderful mistake though.


There were a few points where I was laughing so hard that I could barely catch my breath.


Who knew there were so many different filters you could use?


Even Paddington got in on the call.


My cousin L from Australia even got on the call.


We had so much fun that we plan to do it again regularly.

 
 











On the call, my cousin TH told us about all these crows that showed up next to her house the other day.

She said they were so loud that it drowned out the television.
How creepy. 

After the call I got busy painting trunks for my wooden trees and did some more sanding.
They are coming along, I can't wait to get them finished though.
My cousin was decorating for Christmas and it got me thinking that I should get started too.
Next week when I get back from my conference, I think I am going to get right at it.

My son and his family did make it down to light up.

Baby F was not happy at all about seeing Santa.

She's much happier now that she is back in her Daddy's arms!
 
Baby F also turned 4 months old today so her mommy posted these pictures.
 
I love seeing that little grin.
 

Not sure where the giant love bug came from but it's awesome.
Baby F is interested in it too.

Now she is interested in whatever mom is doing.
 
This is my favorite of the bunch this time - love seeing that beautiful smile of hers!
 
Wise Advice!
 

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment