Saturday 19 January 2019

Pizza Fingers (Dec.9, 2018)

I slept in a little later today, until about 8 am.

When I did get up, I made a coffee for myself and a bagel with cream cheese and jam (my favorite) then finished up the movie I'd started last night.

Christmas Everlasting.
It was a cute movie, I enjoyed it.

Then I got busy cooking hamburger.
Everyone was coming over today to make pizza fingers so I wanted to get a start on that.

I finished up my Christmas decorating and got all the containers put away and that felt great.

I'm loving how it looks too.
All that is left now to do is the tree and My Honey will help me out with that.

After I got the hamburger cooked, I made a triple batch of haystack cookies.
They are a favorite of mine and my families, I make them every year.

I had some time in the afternoon to watch another Christmas movie before everyone came over.
I'm slowly getting my Christmas decorating completed.

Paddington was pretty chill all afternoon.
This was pretty much his position all afternoon.

My brother A was the first to arrive with Miss A and Mr H. My SIL had driven to Westlock to meet her dad and get his dogs.  They are going to be dog sitting for a few days.

I got my brother busy cutting up meat and Miss A cutting up mozzarella cubes for the pizza fingers.
She was thrilled to be able to use a sharp knife.
She did well too - it was a smaller one and my brother was right with her the whole time making sure she was careful and she did a good job.
She is really growing up and maturing - boy, it happens so fast.
Sometimes I wish I could slow down time.

Mr H was really busy too - eating an ice cream sandwich that is.
I knows just where we keep them and helped himself to one as soon as they arrived.

Mom had left and I thought she'd gone to church but turns out she walked down to my sons and had my niece, Miss M, over there with her and they were all going through her stuff that is stored over there.
She wanted to go through it and give some of it away to us then get rid of the stuff that she likely won't ever use.
I'm glad she got some of that done.

So everyone else kind of all showed up together, mom, Miss M, my son, his honey and Baby F.

They also went and picked up Miss H's little sister Z to bring over.
That was good because her and Mr H played while we all got busy on the pizza fingers.
This was the best shot I got of her - she was on the go.

They were quick to find the tub of toys and dump it out - that's what it's for so I don't mind at all.

Checking out my Christmas Tree Forest.
I let the girls each pick one out to take home so I'm down to two again.

They brought Baby F's jolly jumper with them and that kept her busy.

I think she likes it in there because she can watch what's going on.

Her daddy was keeping a close eye on her.

I got the new electric frying pan filled with oil and warming up then I also had a pot on the stove.

Miss M, mom and Miss H got busy building the pizza fingers.

 My brother R showed up just in time to man the electric frying pan and I manned the pot on the stove.

They are all getting much better at it.
It went good but I was so happy to see the end of the bowl.

Miss H had to feed the baby and put her down so my son took over pizza finger making duty from her.
My feet were getting sore from being on them all day again.

I had picked up 10 pounds of ground beef and used about 7.5 of it to make the pizza fingers.
I kept the other 2.5 to possibly make donair fingers.
I just have to remember who gave me the recipe so I can get it from them again.

Miss M got back to town so she dropped over to see us all - I was glad that she could make it.

We ended up with over 100 pizza fingers after eating some and really when you split that between all of us, it isn't that much.

It was around 6 pm when everyone left.
I got everything cleaned up, got the pizza fingers packaged up and was having a game of solitaire on the computer when My Honey got home. 

We didn't stay up very late, It was a great weekend but a busy one and I was ready for bed.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment