Thursday 17 January 2019

Back to the City I Go. (Nov.25, 2018)

I planned on sleeping in a bit this morning but that didn't happen.
I got up when My Honey left for work.
It was ok though, I made myself a coffee then settled on the couch for two Christmas movies in a row.
First I watched A Veteran's Christmas.

Then I watched Road to Christmas.

After the movies, I finished up my laundry, packed and hit the road.
I made a stop at the office to put my out of office assistant on and to decorate.
It's feeling nice and Christmassy in there, now to get the same done at home!

I got on the road to the city fairly early.

My Honey's least favorite construction project is still underway.

They do at least seem to be making some progress.

What a huge schmoozle though.
I'd be interested to know how many tax payer dollars have been sunk into this project so far.

Listened to a few good tunes on the way.

Closer to the city I saw two moose in the field next to me.

They were coming towards the road so I pulled over to watch them hoping I could get a good close up picture.

They went in behind a row of trees just as they were getting close so I ended up losing sight of them.


My Honey thought I might be missing the kitties so he sent me some pictures.

Professor Snuggles was hanging out in my office.

I thought I could do a bit of shopping when I got in there which I did.

I picked up just a few things then made my way to the FantasyLand Hotel in West Edmonton Mall to check in.
They put me on the Western floor as you can see.
I had a big beautiful room all to myself.

Last year I brought mom and Miss A in with me but this year mom is coming in for a conference of her own here at the very same place and it starts Wednesday so she didn't want to spend the whole week here.

I hung out in my room for a bit then went and saw a movie at the theatre.

I saw Instant Family.
My Honey wasn't crazy about seeing it so I thought it was my perfect opportunity.
It was a cute little movie - I enjoyed it.

It had a great message and at the end it showed pictures of a bunch of real life families that had adopted.
I had to stay and watch every single picture.

I got back to the room, checked in with My Honey then just watched some tv.
I'm not used to having a tv in my bedroom so I have a habit of staying up far too late watching when I stay at a hotel.

Tonight was no exception.

It was after midnight when I finally turned off the tv and went to sleep.
Tomorrow is going to be rough.

Back home in PEI, they built this lobster trap monument as a memorial to the two fisherman lost at sea this year.

They built it in the church yard.

It looks so beautiful at night when it is all lit up.
They had everyone gather round it and sing hymns.
All who attended said it was very touching, sure would have like to be there.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment